Minimize to tray ignored

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
SimonH

Minimize to tray ignored

Post by SimonH » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:23 am

I have VueMinder set to start with Windows and minimize to tray (but have the mini-calendar showing). That has worked fine since VueMinder was installed - on Windows start I get the mini-calendar in a corner and a task tray icon.

Earlier this week there was a VueMinder update, which I installed. Ever since then, on Windows start I get the main Vueminder window displayed. That is, it doesn't automatically minimize to the task tray like it used to.

Is this a bug or is there another option I need to set in order to get the old behaviour back?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Minimize to tray ignored

Post by VueSoft » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:50 pm

Hi Simon, I'm not seeing this behavior on any of my test computers, nor has anyone else reported this problem.

Please check if you have a VueMinder shortcut in the "Startup" folder on your Start menu. It's possible if there's a VueMinder shortcut in that folder, it's overriding the default behavior which should be for VueMinder to start minimized.

If that doesn't explain the problem, maybe these steps will fix it:
1. Open the Program Options in VueMinder.
2. Uncheck "Run when Windows starts".
3. Click OK.
4. Re-open the Program Options.
5. Check "Run when Windows starts".
6. Make sure "Minimize to task tray when Windows starts" is checked.
7. Click OK.
8. Reboot.

Does that fix it?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

SimonH

Re: Minimize to tray ignored

Post by SimonH » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:34 pm

Dan, I think I have found the problem, thanks to your instructions.

There wasn't an instance of VueMinder in the startup folder. However, I use a utility called StartupDelayer - what this does is to (optionally) block or delay auto-run items. I currently use it to ensure things start up in a defined order.

What appears to have happened is that the update to VueMinder has convinced this util that it is a different program, although I am not sure how that actually affects things. So far as I know, the util doesn't start apps itself, it just interrupts their execution for the defined delay.

Anyway, I removed the entry for VueMinder and I again got only the mini-window. I can now re-apply the delay so VueMinder comes up nearly last instead of first, and it all now works as it did before the update.

Hope that helps anyone else that happens to the run the same things as me and gets the same problems :)