Multple Copies of Calander

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
ronlin

Multple Copies of Calander

Post by ronlin » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:35 am

When i open, V.M> i get three different versions of the calander. Only one contains all of my entries.
How can I eliminate the unwanted two calanders or blend them intro one?
thanks. RJ

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Multple Copies of Calander

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:42 am

Hi ronlin, welcome to the forums. To delete an unused calendar, right-click the calendar's name in the calendar list and select "Delete Calendar" from the popup menu. See the documentation linked below for more information:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... rlist.html

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

ronlin

Post by ronlin » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:37 am

Thank you for your quick response. I did try to delete all the calendars and groups on the left.
(I was willing to loose some data to solve this problem). it was not a solution.
I may not have explained the trouble clearly. When I open V.M.The bottom tray shows an overlapping icon representing 3 copies. When I hover the mouse over the icon, it shows three different miniature screens with three different versions of my calendar. Each is a bit different.
I need to open all three and put appointments in each copy or I run the risk of missing something in one that is only posted in another.
I understand about the different calendars like holidays and sport events that can be grouped and then "checked " into the calender. i use them.
But I need to get rid of./or combine the three separate versions that open when I click the V.M. icon.Let me know if you still don't follow the problem
thank you so much. RJ

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:42 pm

Hi ronlin, that you for clarifying. There should only be a single instance of VueMinder. I'm not sure how you're getting 3 instances to run at the same time, each with different data. I've never seen that happen before, and there's code that is supposed to prevent multiple instances from running. Pretty bizarre.

It's possible you somehow ended up with multiple installations of VueMinder. Try exiting all running instances and then use the Control Panel to uninstall each VueMinder installation. After uninstalling, download and reinstall using the link below:
http://www.vueminder.com/Download.aspx

If that doesn't fix it, could you send a screenshot of the problem to support@vueminder.com? Maybe I'm still not understanding what the problem is. A screenshot would definitely help.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

ronlin

Post by ronlin » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:13 pm

Hello Dan,
Thank you for the help.
Before i start deleting stuff, I am sending you a screen shot showing the 3 different open screens at the bottom tray.
Let me know what you think.
Thanks again, RJ
Attachments
Screen shot of Vue minder.gif
Screen shot of Vue minder.gif (272.87 KiB) Viewed 9813 times

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:21 pm

Hi Ronald, thank you for the screenshot. Before uninstalling, I'd recommend exporting your current calendar (from each of the 3 instances of VueMinder) by using the "Export Events" command on the File menu. Export each instance to a separate iCalendar (ics) file. After exporting, try reinstalling VueMinder. If any events are missing after VueMinder restarts, you can import using the "Import Events" command on the File menu.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

ronlin

Post by ronlin » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:10 pm

Thank you Dan. That worked very well. Appreciate all the help.
RJ