Help using Pro Version Please ?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
sportman12

Help using Pro Version Please ?

Post by sportman12 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:56 pm

Mr. Chartrand Been trying to contact you

I am a disabled person I apologize for the emails am using Windows 8 Using Pro trail Version it crashes I reinstalled it I think I fixed crashes I have 40 day of the 45 day trail version left I have questions let me start with theses

1 How do you get rid of the backround calandar ?
2 How do you set uo task and Events for Birthdays anniversarys and such
3 . I like to use it in the most simple way I can
please get back to me
Last edited by sportman12 on Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Help using Pro trial Version Please ?

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:15 pm

Hi sportman13, welcome to the forums.
1 How do you get rid of the backround calandar ?
I assume you're referring to the Desktop Calendar (the calendar that appears on the Windows desktop when all other windows are minimized). If so, you can close the Desktop Calendar by clicking the X button in the upper-right corner, or by opening the main VueMinder window and unchecking the "Desktop Calendar (Full)" option on the View menu.
2 How do you set up task and Events for Birthdays anniversarys and such
For birthdays and anniversaries, use the "New -> Recurring Event" command on the File menu. Enter the event title. Enter the date of the first occurrence in the "Start date" field. Check the "All day" box. Click the "Recurrence" tab and check the box to make the event recurring. Click the "Yearly" option. Click the "Save and Close" button. Rinse and repeat for your other yearly events.
3 . I like to use it in the most simple way I can
I'm not sure how to answer this question.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:37 pm

Mr. Chartrand I apologize for the emails bare with me and my questions am trying to figure out trail version

1 Desktop Calendar (the calendar which is like wallpaper in the back round can you get of it and use the main Window can not figure it out ?

2 Where do you set up I set up a task Events start and end time date for Birthdays anniversarys and such

3 . I like to use it in the most simple way I can for events and task reminders

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:02 pm

1 Desktop Calendar (the calendar which is like wallpaper in the back round can you get of it and use the main Window can not figure it out ?
Like I wrote previously, the desktop calendar can be hidden by clicking the X in the upper right corner of the Desktop Calendar or by opening the main VueMinder window and unchecking the "Desktop Calendar (Full)" option. Again, the "Hide" button is located in the upper-right corner of the Desktop Calendar and looks like an X with a circle around it. I'm not sure how to explain this any more clearly.
2 Where do you set up I set up a task Events start and end time date for Birthdays anniversarys and such
You can create events using the Event Editor. To create a birthday or anniversary (which recur yearly), use the "New -> Recurring Event" command on the File menu. The start date field is on the Editor window. it's labeled "Start date". You set the date to when the event starts. On the "Recurrence" tab, click "Yearly" to make the event occur every year instead of every week. Again, I'm not sure how else to explain this. Maybe if you read the documentation linked below you could get a better understanding.
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... indow.html
3 . I like to use it in the most simple way I can for events and task reminders
Again, I don't know how to answer this question. I understand you want something simple. I've tried to make VueMinder as simple as possible without designing it to be so simple that it's completely useless.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:28 pm

Mr. Chartrand I apologize for the emails bare with me and my questions am trying to figure out trail version

1 Are events and task different I tryed setting up a task with start end time and pop up window it did not pop up could not add
a birthday or anniversary

2 I like to use it in the most simple way I can for events and task reminders to-do bare with me and my questions please

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:35 pm

1 Are events and task different I tryed setting up a task with start end time and pop up window it did not pop up could not add
a birthday or anniversary
Tasks and events are different. Tasks are like "to do" items. For yearly birthdays and anniversaries, it would be better to define those as yearly recurring events. You can create a new recurring event by using the "New -> Recurring Event" command on the File menu. The Event Editor should appear after clicking that menu command. If not, then you probably have an installation problem.
2 I like to use it in the most simple way I can for events and task reminders
Yes.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:54 pm

1 I tryed setting up a task with start end time and pop up window it did not pop up what did I do wrong ?

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:24 am

Mr. Chartrand I apologize bare with me your software is great I have questions am startting to figure it out trail version

I want to use it for events birthdays and anniversaries, it would be better to define those as yearly recurring events. You can create a new recurring event by using the "New -> Recurring Event" command on the File menu. The Event Editor should appear after clicking that menu command.it did

1 If the start time is 6pm and the Notify value is 0 minutes (Reminder), the reminder will be displayed at 6pm.
If the start time is 6pm and the Notify value is 1 hour (Reminder), the reminder will be displayed at 5pm.

The Notify value determines when the pop up reminder pops up start time pops up on everytime I enter a start time and

When I set up a Event for either A.M. or P.M. and put in for example start time 6pm, end time 6:15p.m. the Event pops up window at the 6pm start time instead of the 6:15pm end time

2 When you put on a category like birthdays and anniversaries Etc if I have to pop up will it say it is for birthdays and anniversaries if I have it set it to a catagory ?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:27 pm

When I set up a Event for either A.M. or P.M. and put in for example start time 6pm, end time 6:15p.m. the Event pops up window at the 6pm start time instead of the 6:15pm end time
If you want the reminder to appear when the event ends instead of before the event begins, select the desired time of the reminder using the "At specified date/time" field on the "When" tab of the Popup Reminder settings. For example, if your event starts at 6:00 PM, ends at 6:15 PM, and you want to see the reminder at 6:15 PM, then configure the reminder settings similar to those shown below.

2 When you put on a category like birthdays and anniversaries Etc if I have to pop up will it say it is for birthdays and anniversaries if I have it set it to a catagory ?
To see the category in the popup reminder, check the box labeled "Show the event details and links". This box is on the "Content" tab of the popup reminder settings for the event.

Dan Chartrand, Founder

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:20 pm

Mr. Chartrand I should use Event or Reccurring Event what which one did you mean in your screenshot ?