Help using Pro Version Please ?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
sportman12

Re: Help using Pro trial Version Please ?

Post by sportman12 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:49 pm

could you please post a screenshot I have tried the steps to install yahoo Sports calendar I can not figure it out ?

I am a Big Sports fan and NFL and College football fan

1 (Yahoo Sports) calendar could I add the scores for past games in the event description. will it also show which network(s) will be airing games.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:29 am

Disregard what I wrote about adding a Yahoo Calendar subscription. Those steps work, but if you want to add NFL games it's easier to do this from the "Add Public Holidays" window. The event descriptions will include the networks that will be airing the games. The descriptions will also be automatically updated with game scores.

I'll add college games to the "Add Public Holidays" window and will post a reply when this improvement is completed.

Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:11 pm

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (25.96 KiB) Viewed 11894 times
I see the Nfl in the software in Vuminder the reason I ask about yahoo sports I am a Big Sports fan of all sports and NFL and College football fan I saw where( in a post in vuminder I saw Yahoo Sports) this post for the MLB calendars. The cool thing about the new calendars is that they'll show the scores for past games in the event description. They also show which network(s) will be airing games. will this apply for NFL and College football in Yahoo Sports ?

I have tried the steps to install yahoo calendar I can not figure it out Here is a screenshot of what I did if you could you guide me threw it ?

1. I have to be logged in always if so I am?
2 I did steps 2. Click “Share” on the menu.
3. Click the “Generate links”.
When I got to 4.. Copy the link under “To import into a Calendar app (ICS): instead it clicked on the link Window came up which said open with Vuminder should I Copy the link under “To import into a Calendar app (ICS): instead?

get back to me please

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:05 am

The instructions I provided for subscribing to Yahoo Calendar are for subscribing to your personal calendar, not the sports calendars. That's why I said to disregard those instructions and just add the sports calendars via the "Add Public Calendars" window instead. The MLB calendars on the "Add Public Calendars" window are from Yahoo Sports.

In any case, if you want to add a subscription to your personal Yahoo Calendar (not one of the sports calendars listed on the Yahoo Calendar webpage), select the text under "To import into a Calendar app (ICS)" and copy that text to the Windows clipboard by pressing Ctrl+C or right-clicking and using the Copy command on the context menu. It sounds like you are left-clicking the link - not copying the link like the instructions state.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:44 pm

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (49.79 KiB) Viewed 11869 times
I want to add a subscription to the sports calendars listed on the Yahoo sports webpage), which I circled for adding calendar for NFL and College football in Yahoo Sports and others I see NFL is list in Vuminder and not College football for Yahoo sports

the reason I ask about yahoo sports I am a Big Sports fan of all sports and NFL and College football fan I saw where( in a post in vuminder I saw Yahoo Sports) this post for the MLB calendars. The cool thing about the new calendars is that they'll show the scores for past games in the event description. They also show which network(s) will be airing games. will this apply for NFL and College football in Yahoo Sports ?

Here is Screenshots of what am I trying to do by wanting to add subscriptions to the sports calendars listed on the Yahoo sports webpage to Vuminder can it be done

Could you tell me The instructions for adding subscription to the sports calendars to Vuminder ?

Get back to me please
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (12.29 KiB) Viewed 11863 times
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (41.15 KiB) Viewed 11869 times

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:01 am

As I wrote previously, I'm planning to add college football schedules to the "Add Public Calendars" window. Currently, you could add a subscription to the college football games, but you'd need to figure out the correct URL on your own. This isn't trivial and it's not something Yahoo publicizes, since they want everyone to go through the Yahoo website so they can collect ad revenue.

For NCAA football teams, the URL will be something like below, where XXX is the team abbreviation assigned by Yahoo. Don't try to use this link - it won't work.

Code: Select all

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/teams/XXX/ical.ics
For example, the schedule for the University of Michigan would have the following URL:

Code: Select all

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/teams/mmk/ical.ics
If you can determine the URL, a new subscription can be created by using the "Add Calendar Subscription" command on the File menu in VueMinder. Type or paste the URL into the box below the "Enter the iCal File or URL to sync" label, and then click OK.

Again, I'm planning to figure out all the URLs for you and make these available in the "Add Public Calendars" window, so if you can wait a few weeks until I get a chance to do this, you can disregard everything I wrote above.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:50 pm

Hi Dan

I am on day 26 of the 45 day trail I like your calendar over any other calendar software do you think you will have the answer to adding college football schedules by then ? here are a couple of separate questions

1 Dan you made me 2 Examples of screenshots in this topic 1. of reminder to appear before the event starts and 2. In this case, the event is all-day

2 could you you make me a screenshot of Example when the time is for 12 pm to start at 12 pm the pop up reminder to pop up at 12 pm

3 How then can I Email theses screenshots to myself or could you email em to me I can give you my email address get back to me please

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:32 am

could you you make me a screenshot of Example when the time is for 12 pm to start at 12 pm the pop up reminder to pop up at 12 pm
How then can I Email theses screenshots to myself
You can right-click the image and select "Save image as..." from the popup menu (if using Chrome) or "Save picture as..." if using Internet Explorer. Save the picture to your hard drive for reference later. Or, if you really must have it in email, attach the saved picture to a new email that you send to yourself. Please don't ask me how to find the image on your hard drive after saving it, or how to attach a picture to an email.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:32 am

Hi Dan here are a 3 questions

I am on day 28 of the 45 day trail I like your calendar am pretty sure I will order your calendar software

1 which should I order Pro or Ultimate

2 Do you think you will have the answer to adding college football schedules added ?

3 I am in the East usa Vuminder clock is a head by an Hour my Window clock shows the right time in the east is this the way the time should be in Vuminder a hour ahead here are two screenshots of Vuminder and my clock as examples get back to me please
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (17.89 KiB) Viewed 11850 times
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (21.61 KiB) Viewed 11850 times

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:04 pm

1 which should I order Pro or Ultimate
The page linked below provides a side-by-side comparison.
http://www.vueminder.com/Download.aspx

The Ultimate version can share tasks, notes, or contacts over your local network with other computers. It can sync with Exchange Server. It also provides the ability to define custom input fields. If you don't intend to use any of those features, the Pro version would be sufficient. If you purchase the Pro version and then later decide you'd like to upgrade to Ultimate, you can get a discount on the upgrade.
2 Do you think you will have the answer to adding college football schedules added ?
I have this on my to-do list. I'm currently working on some other higher-priority tasks which I'll have completed within a week. I'll work on adding the college football schedules after that.
3 I am in the East usa Vuminder clock is a head by an Hour my Window clock shows the right time in the east is this the way the time should be in Vuminder a hour ahead here are two screenshots of Vuminder and my clock as examples get back to me please
The screenshot you show of VueMinder is where you define what time a task starts and is due. That's not the current time. The start time defaults to the next hour if the task is scheduled on the current date. You can enter whatever time you'd like for when the task should start and be due. Again, those fields are not intended to show the current time. They are for defining when a task should be started and when it's due. If you want to see the current time in VueMinder, use the "View -> Clock (Digital)" menu command.
Dan Chartrand, Founder