Help using Pro Version Please ?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
sportman12

Re: Help using Pro trial Version Please ?

Post by sportman12 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:52 pm

Dan

I took a screenshot to make sure I am saying the right thing about deleting a event and task see it greyed out how do I delete it says events I created ?
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (34.09 KiB) Viewed 12518 times

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:35 pm

You're looking at the Details Pane, which is read-only. You can't delete events from the Details Pane. Click the event in the Month view. You'll see a black border around the event indicating it has been selected. Then press the Delete key. A message will appear asking to confirm the event deletion. Click Yes. The event will be deleted. Sorry if this isn't clear. I'm not sure how to make it any easier.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:24 pm

Dan

I apologize for me it would be easier to post screenshots of things am trying to learn you did it for me in past posts and I got things right a way so could you please post screenshots of how to do

1 Click the event in the Month view. You'll see a black border around the event indicating it has been selected. Then press the Delete key. A message will appear asking to confirm the event deletion. Click Yes. The event will be deleted.

2 And When adding event or task to the calendar can I look it up in event list and task list what I added a screenshot of this to for me

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:52 pm

In the Month view, move the cursor over an event and then press the right mouse button to access a context menu. Select "Delete Calendar" from the menu to delete the event.

You can access the Event or Task list by clicking the "Events" or "Tasks" tabs. There are many screenshots in the documentation showing those tabs. What's so difficult about clicking a tab?
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... tlist.html
Dan Chartrand, Founder

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:26 am

Dan

Adding Calendars

I added US Holidays including OPMO Calendar when I went to set up an New event a Pop Up Window came up in the Calender it says Gary"s Calendar it should say US Holidays including OPMO how come how do I make it the US Holidays including OPMO ?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:37 pm

You can't add new events to the US Holidays calendar because it's a subscription. This means the calendar automatically updates to exactly match the content of a remote online calendar.

If you really must add your events to the US Holidays calendar, you can convert the calendar to a local (not subscribed) calendar. To do this, double-click the calendar's name in the calendar list. This will open the Calendar Properties. Click the Sync tab. Check the box labeled "Do not sync". Click OK. You'll then be able to add whatever events you want to the US Holidays calendar.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:52 pm

Dan

If I can't add new events to the US Holidays calendar like US Holidays including OPMO Calendar because it's a subscription what calendar names can I add events to which are not US Holidays calendar ?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:55 pm

You can add events to any calendar that isn't read-only. The "Calendar" drop-down list in the Event Editor will show the calendars that can have new events added.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

sportman12

Post by sportman12 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:07 pm

Dan

Theses directions you gave me apply to ones in add public calendars in file how about Google and Yahoo Calendars

If you really must add your events to the US Holidays calendar, you can convert the calendar to a local (not subscribed) calendar. To do this, double-click the calendar's name in the calendar list. This will open the Calendar Properties. Click the Sync tab. Check the box labeled "Do not sync". Click OK. You'll then be able to add whatever events you want to the US Holidays calendar.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:24 pm

Yes, you can do this on any read-only calendar that is currently synced with an external source. However, be aware that after converting the calendar to a local calendar, it will no longer sync with the external source. I'm not sure what's what you want to do.
Dan Chartrand, Founder