Translation

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!
keith0820

Re: Translation

Post by keith0820 » Mon May 14, 2012 12:58 pm

Hope get chinese version vueminder calendar software.

VMUser

Post by VMUser » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:59 pm

VueSoft wrote:Originally, I was planning to start the translation work around the beginning of the year (2010), but ended up making a huge number of improvements in version 7.0 instead. ... After that, I think I'll finally be able to start work on supporting multiple languages. I'll keep you posted, and thanks again for offering to help translate.
How about supporting multiple languages?

Remember: I would like to help with German translation too.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:15 pm

Actually, I'm working on this right now. I'm using Google Translate for the initial (rough) translation, which I'll then need some help validating. There will be a new menu for picking the desired language and an editor window for customizing the translation on the fly.

I'm planning on releasing a beta once the initial translation is ready. My guess is that this will happen in about a month. After the beta is released, I'll take updates/corrections to the translation, which will be made through the new editor window. I'll post more details as the beta gets closer to being completed.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

VMUser

Post by VMUser » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:03 am

Great news.

Count on me for German translation.

All the best,
Karl

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:20 pm

After a lot of work, VueMinder is now available in 22 different languages, including every language that has been requested so far. The translations are rough and need a lot of help. See the link below for more details and to download the beta:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... ?f=5&t=908

Anyone that helps complete a translation will receive one of the following, depending on what you currently have:
  • Free Pro license
  • Free lifetime updates
  • Free upgrade to the Ultimate version
Dan Chartrand, Founder

VMUser

Post by VMUser » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:15 am

Dan,

these are really great news. VueMinder is really the best calendar app in the world and now with 22 languages. Your sales should explode now.

Thanks a lot for your hard work.

The "Edit Translation" function is absolutely great. I already did some translation work this morning. Is there a way to add a drag-and-drop function to the editor?

I would recommend you create a new forum category for "Language" or "Translations" like here.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:34 am

Hi VMUser, thank you for the feedback. What type of drag-and-drop functionality are you looking for? Are you wanting to drag text from another window or something else?
Dan Chartrand, Founder

VMUser

Post by VMUser » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:53 am

VueSoft wrote:What type of drag-and-drop functionality are you looking for? Are you wanting to drag text from another window or something else?
Just within the cell like in a text editor. Very often I have to move words within sentences from one to another place, or to copy words from one cell to another.