Multiplying entries

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
MDRiggs

Re: Multiplying entries

Post by MDRiggs » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:50 pm

Many thanks. Happy Holidays.

MDRiggs

Post by MDRiggs » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:25 pm

I installed the latest update last night, and so far it's been a catastrophe. I turned syncing with Google Calendar back on, and entries multiplied like never before. Stuff from years ago has been dredged up and made current. Program runs very slowly -- lots of spinning doughnuts. Turned Google Calendar sync back off on all calendars and restored data from yesterday. Seemed to make no difference, so I restored again from an earlier backup. Now the program starts but won't open up. Task Manager shows it churning away at about 28% CPU usage, yet nothing seems to happen. Trying to make it open up yields spinning doughnut until eventually the taskbar icon disappears. Is it possible to roll back to the previous version? How would I do that? Thankss

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:30 pm

Hi MDRiggs, it's possible something went wrong with the update installation. To fix the problem, use the Control Panel to uninstall VueMinder (this won’t remove any data). Reboot after uninstalling. Next, download and reinstall using the link below:
http://www.vueminder.com/Download.aspx

If you still see the problem after reinstalling, there might be a problem with the program data file. You can use the utility linked below to completely reset the data.
http://www.vueminder.com/download/ResetData.zip

After resetting the data and restarting VueMinder, use the “Restore Data” command on the File menu to restore from a backup that was generated before the problem occurred.

Please let me know if that doesn't fix the problem or if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

MDRiggs

Post by MDRiggs » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:23 am

Replied previously, but the post seems to have got lost. Tried all you suggested, but the problem persists. I restore the database and about 9,500 entries morph to more than 14,000. This is with sync to Google Calendar turned off -- only sync is through MySQL. Situation was better under the previous version of the software.

Happy New Year.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:31 am

Ok, I'll take another look.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA