Daily Limit Exceeded

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
plo

Daily Limit Exceeded

Post by plo » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:40 am

Hi, i do get: The service calendar has thrown an exception: Google.GoogleApiException: Google.Apis.Requests.RequestError
Daily Limit Exceeded [403]
Errors [
Message[Daily Limit Exceeded] Location[ - ] Reason[dailyLimitExceeded] Domain[usageLimits]
]
when i try do add my Goggle calendar.

Any ideas?

Regards Thomas

gail

Re: Daily Limit Exceeded

Post by gail » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:40 am

I have the same problem. Since the update to 2016 version I am getting a 403 error popup. It's occurred twice in two days now. I have saved the error message detail as a Word document and will post it if anybody thinks it'll help. Exiting the program and turning it back on solved the issue for only one day. I prefer not to uninstall and reinstall as much of this data is crucial and I don't wish to risk losing it.

Anybody know what's going on?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:13 pm

The problem is due to VueMinder beginning to hit the daily quota limit when syncing with Google Calendar. I've requested that Google increase the quota limit and I'm currently waiting for their approval.

I've also updated VueMinder to handle the problem and to reduce the likelihood of the quota limit being reached. You should no longer see the error when using the latest version (2016.02). To update, click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu.

If you're still unable to add your Google Calendars to VueMinder, or if you've added them but they don't sync, wait an hour and then try again. The daily quota limit resets at 12:00 AM Pacific Time.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

gail

Post by gail » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:35 pm

Thanks, Dan. Love the app, btw.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:04 pm

Good news! Google has approved my quota limit increase, so between that and the new version (2016.02), there should no longer be any error messages when syncing with Google Calendar.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

gail

Post by gail » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:58 pm

Okay, while this issue has been fixed, since the workaround I now have VueMinder taking up to 70% of CPU during times when I am running a game on the local machine - not online or streaming, so perhaps the app thinks the machine is idle? This is happening fairly frequently, but especially late at night, like around now (11:54 Eastern).

I like the latest update version - the toolbar is especially nice - but is there a way I can revert to a 2015 version for now?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:53 pm

Hi gail, VueMinder's CPU use should normally be around 0% or 1%. If you're seeing 70% CPU use, there might be something wrong with your VueMinder installation. To fix the problem, use the Control Panel to uninstall VueMinder (this won’t remove any data). Reboot after uninstalling. Next, download and reinstall using the link below:
http://www.vueminder.com/Download.aspx

If that doesn’t solve it, and if you’re running Windows 8.1 or earlier, please make sure you have .NET Framework 4.6 installed. You can download it using the link below:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=48130

If you're still using Windows XP (ugh), then please install the .NET Framework 4.0 update:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2468871

If you still see the problem after installing .NET Framework 4.6 or the .NET Framework 4.0 update, there might be a problem with the program data file. You can use the utility linked below to completely reset the data.
http://www.vueminder.com/download/ResetData.zip

After resetting the data and restarting VueMinder, use the “Restore Data” command on the File menu to restore from a backup, or re-add your calendars using the "Add Calendar -> Add Google Calendar" command on the File menu.

Please let me know if that doesn't fix the problem or if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder