Event Strikethrough Bug?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
DL6024

Event Strikethrough Bug?

Post by DL6024 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:38 pm

I recently began using 'strikethrough' as opposed to 'faded' for completed event appearance. This seems to work correctly in Month tab view. Unfortunately in Week tab view and Events tab view all of my events with future dates are marked with strikethrough even though none of them have been marked as 'completed'. If I turn off strikethrough and turn on faded at Options/ Appearance/ Event Appearance, all of the future events are still marked with strikethrough in Week tab view and Events tab view (but not Month tab view) Amazingly the faded appearance option works correctly in Events tab view even while the strikethrough text of the old setting is still present!!!!

As I use all three tab views (Month, Week and Events) a lot, this is very annoying. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Event Strikethrough Bug?

Post by VueSoft » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:12 pm

Hello, thank you for the feedback. Are you using the latest version (2016.04)? This sounds like a bug that I thought had been corrected. In some cases, when completing an occurrence of a recurring series, all events in the series would be marked as completed and not just the selected occurrence. If you're using 2016.04, please let me know. I'll add some additional checks to prevent this from happening in the next release.

In the meantime, the only way to fix the problem would be to delete the entire series and re-create it. I apologize for the inconvenience. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

DL6024

Post by DL6024 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:41 am

VueSoft wrote:Are you using the latest version (2016.04)?
Yes.

DL6024

Post by DL6024 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:30 pm

I was able to restore from a backup to get rid of all the strikethrough text of future events. Because I have several hundred events, it was much less work to update an old backup than it would have been to re-create several hundred events.

And... I discovered that a backup of only two days prior to my original post about the problem does not have the strikethrough text on future events. Since this backup was well after I updated to ver 2016.04, I can say for certain the problem occurred while I was using 2016.04.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:05 pm

Thank you for the information. This will be corrected in the next release.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA