Looking for backed up calendar file

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
vongoh

Looking for backed up calendar file

Post by vongoh » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:42 pm

Hi - I just ran into an issue with my Windows 10 machine, where I was forced to do a Windows Refresh from the
login screen. The Refresh removed all of my applications including VueMinder, and it is meant to leave all of
my personal files on the machine. (ie. it is a Refresh, not a Reset that basically wipes everything).

I just restalled VueMinder hoping that left my calendar file on my local drive where it was, and that the new
installation would load it (or at least give me the option to load it) from where it was originally under my /user directory.

However I cannot seem to find it. Please tell me that Vuesoft made sure to keep a backup of calendars somewhere
for just such a case :) .. because this calendar is not synced with Google or anywhere else online, and I do not
recall making a manual backup at any time . Thanks.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Looking for backed up calendar file

Post by VueSoft » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:10 pm

Hi vongoh, VueMinder does generate automatic backup files. The default backup folder will be C:\Users\YourLoginName\AppData\Local\VueSoft\VueMinder\Backup. Note, this folder is hidden so you'll need to configure File Explorer to show hidden folders. Assuming that folder contains files, you can recover your data by using the "File -> Restore Data" menu command. Click the browse button and select the most recent backup file that was generated before the problem occurred.

See the page linked below for more details:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... store.html

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA