Less clicks and keystrokes

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!
slouw

Less clicks and keystrokes

Post by slouw » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:41 pm

Wonderful software.
The worst thing about it is it can be VERY slow in my experience.
I am working with Vueminder help to improve this see here
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... f=5&t=2242

Another general comment I highly recommend that you download an eval of Directory Opus

And get to know that product. I would actually recommend you buy the pro version.
That I believe will give you all kinds of idea on how well written software can perform and what flexibility and features can be built in to a software product. And if you develop Vueminder to be as fast efficient as Directory Opus then I suggest you put your prices right up!
A single licence for Dir Pro is currently USD$89 not cheap. In fact I think it has come down alot I bought it several years ago and I think I paid alot more for it.
This suggestion is not to denigrate Vueminder in any way. It is precisely because Vueminder has such a range of features, is so configurable etc that I feel it worthy of such a comparison. Anyone who gets to know DirOpus I think would see what I mean.

The title of this post is less clicks. I find myself using Vueminder and executing the same operation many times on a routine basis.
It could be 20-30 times a day I snooze/dismiss an alert for example.
It takes 4 clicks to snooze for a time period different to the default shown.
Step1 Click 1 Options
Step2 Options open
Step3 Click 2 Pull down menu
Step4 Click 3 Select snooze time
Step5 Click 4 Snooze

The sequence above I think could be reduced to
Step3 Click 2 Pull down menu (if it was already visible)
Step4 Click 3 Select snooze time (If no ok or confirmation is required)

It may sound tright but reducing the number of clicks from 4 to 2 for something I do many times a day would be a significant improvement for me.
I hope that many or most others would agree with me.
In my screenshot I also includes a Dismiss button - reducing from 2 to 1 click.
It also has a suggested addition to the date in the form of a day description (today/tomorrow/next week etc.)

Below is an example of what I consider an efficient way to make a change that you have implemented already.
This can be done very quickly because the submenu pops out when you highlight the "Assign to Calendar" context menu item.
Then a single click in the new calendar of choice and the whole context menu disappears. Very nice in my view:

I hope this post is seen and complimentary and useful.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Less clicks and keystrokes

Post by VueSoft » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:04 am

Thank you for the feedback. I'll keep this in mind for a future version.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA