Viewminder will not share to other computers SQL install

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
unitedtherapy

Viewminder will not share to other computers SQL install

Post by unitedtherapy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:20 pm

I am using Viewminder ultimate at home and I installed the SQL to my computer and it will not share my calendar to other computers after setting it up correctly after using Dan's instructions in the forum.
I even turned off the firewall using Dan's instructions in the forum and it still will not work.
Help !!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Viewminder will not share to other computers SQL install

Post by VueSoft » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:20 am

Hi bestoftherapy, did you open the Calendar Properties and check the box labeled "Share with VueMinder on other computers"? If so, are you seeing any error messages? I'll need more details to determine why it's not working for you.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

unitedtherapy

Post by unitedtherapy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:59 pm

Hi Dan,
Yes we did that and it is still not working.
When we click share all calendars to Viewminder an error message in a gray box pops up saying what you are about to see.
Here is the error message that we see Dan.
Attachments
Vueminder Snip Error Message 4 Dan.PNG
Vueminder Snip Error Message 4 Dan.PNG (26.86 KiB) Viewed 8705 times

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:52 pm

Hi bestoftherapy, based on the error message it sounds like either the username/password that are entered in the Sharing Options isn't correct, or there's something preventing the database connection. Sorry, this isn't supposed to be difficult...

You could sync through Google Calendar as an alternative. To add your calendar to Google Calendar, open the Calendar Properties and check the "Sync with Google Calendar" box. On your other computers, use the "File -> Add Calendar -> Add Google Calendar" menu command to add the calendar. If a different Google account is used on the other computers, you can share the calendar with other accounts by opening the Google Calendar web page, clicking the menu button next to the calendar's name, and selecting "Settings and sharing".
Dan Chartrand, Founder

unitedtherapy

Post by unitedtherapy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:19 pm

Hi Dan,
I read your reply to my error message,
I currently do not use Google Calendar at all,
Is there another alternative to share calendars on vueminder ultimate or do I have to use Google calendar to share calendars on Vueminder Ultimate?

unitedtherapy

Post by unitedtherapy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:19 pm

Dan, we were able to successfully sync Vueminder ultimate to google calendar then encountered another error message.
The error message we encountered is Vueminder Ultimate Server is offline, Click to reconnect Unable to connect error.
See posted attachments below.
Attachments
Vueminder Ultimate Server is offline, Click to reconnect Unable to connect error.PNG
Vueminder Ultimate Server is offline, Click to reconnect Unable to connect error.PNG (17.65 KiB) Viewed 8686 times

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:09 pm

Is there another alternative to share calendars on vueminder ultimate or do I have to use Google calendar to share calendars on Vueminder Ultimate?
If you don't want to sync through Google Calendar, the Ultimate version can also sync through Exchange Server or Exchange Online (part of Office 365).
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... endar.html
Dan, we were able to successfully sync Vueminder ultimate to google calendar then encountered another error message.
Since you weren't able to connect to MySQL Server and you're not sharing through MySQL Server, you can prevent this error from appearing by opening the Sharing Options and clearing out the host name, username, and password. This will prevent VueMinder from continuing to try connecting to your MySQL Server installation.
Dan Chartrand, Founder