Got My SQL Server on main computer

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
unitedtherapy

Re: Got My SQL Server on main computer

Post by unitedtherapy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:13 pm

Yes. Dan, I created Stephanie a My SQL Server account through the My SQL Workbench.
Using my hostname and her username is United Therapy 2 and her password did not work.
I hit Test Connection on her computer in the Vueminder Ultimate, and it comes back with this error shown below.
And everything is unblocked on my end.
And on Stephanie 's computer down at the bottom on Vueminder it says, (Tasks Shared by steph 3081). which is not Stephanie's username.
Attachments
Vueminder Connection Error.PNG
Vueminder Connection Error.PNG (33.14 KiB) Viewed 11750 times

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:21 pm

Hi bestoftherapy, to confirm, your host name (e.g., the name of the computer where MySQL Server was installed) is UnitedTherapy, and the username your'e trying to use is UnitedTherapy2? Is that right? Can you open MySQL Workbench and double-check you're using the correct host name? Also did you enter the correct password?

Also, I'm not sure why you're seeing "Tasks shared by steph". It sounds like at some point, somehow, you (or someone?) created a MySQL username of steph and was able to successfully sync their Tasks calendar to the server. Please open MySQL Workbench and look at the list of usernames. Is there a username of "steph"? Is there a username of "UnitedTherapy2"?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

unitedtherapy

Post by unitedtherapy » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:32 pm

Dan,
no there is not a user steph 3081 on the MYSQL workbench.
yes the password is correct.
but when Stephanie logs into the workbench she gets an error.
the first error Stephanie gets when she logs into the work bench is listed below.
The second error I get will be attached below.
yes the user name we are trying to use is United Therapy 2.
yes the host name is correct.
Attachments
Error when Saving account after logging in to set permissions for Stephanie on the MySQL Workbench.PNG
Error when Saving account after logging in to set permissions for Stephanie on the MySQL Workbench.PNG (30.57 KiB) Viewed 11743 times
Error Message  when Stephanie tries to log into the MySQL Workbench.PNG
Error Message when Stephanie tries to log into the MySQL Workbench.PNG (44.44 KiB) Viewed 11743 times

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:18 pm

Hi bestoftherapy, based on the errors you're seeing, I think something is messed up with your MySQL Server installation or user permissions. At this point, it might be easier to just reinstall MySQL Server. You can follow these steps to reinstall MySQL Server and re-enable sharing of calendar data in VueMinder:

1. Open the Calendar Properties of each calendar and check the “Do not sync” box.

2. On each computer, open the Sharing Options and clear out the hostname, username, and password.

3. On each computer, exit VueMinder using the “File -> Exit” menu command.

4. Uninstall MySQL Server. You can use the Control Panel to uninstall.

5. Re-install MySQL Server. Instructions can be found on the page linked below. Make a note of the root password you set during the installation.
http://www.vueminder.com/sharing.php

6. Open the Sharing Options and enter the name of the computer where MySQL Server was installed. Also enter your MySQL username and password. Repeat on all the other computers.

7. Open the Calendar Properties of each calendar and re-enable sharing by checking the “Share with VueMinder on other computers” box. The calendar will be added to the new MySQL Server instance, and will then appear on your other computers after they sync.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

unitedtherapy

Post by unitedtherapy » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:10 pm

Dan,
We followed your last instructions that you sent us and reinstalled My SQL on the system that it is supposed to be on and now Vueminder ultimate will not share on the computer that My SQL is on or share to the computer that it is supposed to connect to, and mine or Stephanie's computer will not allow us to sign in to the workbench anymore.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:45 pm

If you're unable to sign into MySQL Workbench, then either the MySQL Server instance isn't running, you're entering the wrong username/password, or the firewall on your server is blocking TCP/IP on port 3306.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:45 pm

If you're unable to sign into MySQL Workbench, then either the MySQL Server instance isn't running, you're entering the wrong username/password, or the firewall on your server is blocking TCP/IP on port 3306.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

unitedtherapy

Post by unitedtherapy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:20 pm

Hi Dan I have got both me an Stephanie connected to the MYSQL work bench but VueMinder Ultimate will not connect to it for me or for Stephanie every thing is unblocked in windows but I still get this era I also use Norton Security NYSQL is also unblocked in Norton Security but I can not find port 3306 of the MYSQL server in Norton Security to see if it is unblocked.
Attachments
VueMinder Ultimate era.PNG
VueMinder Ultimate era.PNG (9.5 KiB) Viewed 11583 times

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:34 pm

Hi bestoftherapy, I apologize for the problem. It's not supposed to be this difficult. I don't know why your firewall is still blocking port 3306 and I'm not familiar enough with Norton to provide instructions on how to add an exception for port 3306.

Instead of syncing through MySQL Server, you could configure your calendars to be shared 2-way through an ICS file located in a shared folder on your network. The page linked below explains in more detail:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... nc_two_way
Dan Chartrand, Founder