Calendar save as web page shows current month in title

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
tdr

Calendar save as web page shows current month in title

Post by tdr » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:04 pm

Hello
If on a calendar view, I select File > Save as web page (HTML), no matter which month I select, the <title> section in the exported HTML will show the current month. i.e. <title>Calendar - July</title>. Can somebody kindly see if you can reproduce the same issue?

Thanks
Tony

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Calendar save as web page shows current month in title

Post by VueSoft » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:19 pm

Hi Tony, it sounds like you might have entered this text in the "Title" field on the "Save as Web Page" window. Try clearing any text from that field. Does that fix it?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

tdr

Post by tdr » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:35 am

Thanks Dan - I couldn't see it for the looking - D'oh! however that text was applied by default and not overtyped by me, so not sure when/where it picked up the month name, but definitely not a problem that needs fixing. Also, is there a way to remove the footer - "Generated by VUEMinder Ultimate USB"?
It's appearing on a phone browser for example as the string and then a largish empty box below it.

thanks again
awesome support, awesome product.

tdr

Post by tdr » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:51 pm

Any update please on whether the generated by VUEMinder footer can be removed when published as web page? (other than editing the HTML...)
thanks

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:43 pm

Hi Tony, the "Generated by VueMinder" link is part of my devious scheme to get page links to the VueMinder website, which improves the Google page rank for web searches. Sadly, it's things like this that I have to do in order to get VueMinder to be noticed/found.

There's no mechanism to completely remove the text (other than manually editing the HTML), but you can hide it using a little CSS trickery. On the "HTML" tab of the "Save as Web Page" window, paste the following code into the "HEAD Section":

Code: Select all

<style>
.vueminder_footer
{
   display: none
}
</style>
I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

tdr

Post by tdr » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:46 am

Thanks Dan, much appreciated. I'd be OK to leave the "created by..." text in there, maybe see if we can work out a format that reduces issues across browser platforms .e.g. attached is what I see when using my phone.
Attachments
Screenshot_20190731-164251_OneDrive.jpg
Screenshot_20190731-164251_OneDrive.jpg (140.51 KiB) Viewed 3089 times

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:38 pm

Hi Tony, the styling of your output doesn't look like what I'd expect. Have you modified any of the other settings, such as the colors or CSS? Here's an example of what I see when viewing the output on my phone. I didn't scroll to the bottom before taking the screenshot, but there wasn't an empty box there.

I don't think the problem you're seeing has anything to do with the footer text. Try unchecking the boxes labeled "Show legend", "Show defaults in side panel", and "Show details in tooltip". Do any of those settings make a difference? If not, could you send me the URL of your generated calendar, so I can look at the underlying HTML/CSS and find why the output you're seeing looks wrong?
Dan Chartrand, Founder

tdr

Post by tdr » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:26 am

Hi Dan, no custom CSS etc, but I unchecked "show details in tooltip" and the box now is gone from the bottom of the page.
thanks again!
cheers