Sync calendars without google/microsoft

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
skymagenta

Sync calendars without google/microsoft

Post by skymagenta » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:17 pm

Hello there,

I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to sync my desktop's vueminder calendar with my iphone's calendar without using google or microsoft.

I am thinking of using nextcloud in the future but I am not sure that is even supported yet..

Thank you!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Sync calendars without google/microsoft

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:41 pm

Hi skymagenta, welcome to the forums. For 2-way syncing, the only current options are to go through Google Calendar, Exchange Server, or Exchange Online (part of Office 365).

VueMinder can also publish calendars using the iCalendar (ics) format. You could configure VueMinder to publish to a cloud drive or FTP server, and subscribe to the published calendar on your phone, using whichever calendar app you prefer. However, this approach would only allow syncing in 1 direction, from VueMinder to your phone.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

skymagenta

Post by skymagenta » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:58 am

Hey Dan,

Thank you for the reply. Hmm are you planning on adding CalDav or something anytime soon? Because I don't like be dependent on google or microsoft for something like this.

And one more question. Is it also possible to sync on the opposite direction? So I can create 2 different calendars 1 to sync from desktop to iphone and the other to sync from iphone to desktop.

Thank you!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:14 pm

You can also sync the opposite direction. VueMinder can subscribe to an iCalendar URL or file location on a cloud drive. Click the "File -> Add Calendar -> Add Calendar Subscription" menu command and then enter the URL or cloud drive location of the ics file into the location field.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA