calendar shows on startup of computer

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: calendar shows on startup of computer

Post by VueSoft » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:44 pm

Hi vflores022, welcome to the forums and thank you for trying VueMinder Calendar Pro. Could you open the Program Options and ensure the setting labeled "Minimize to task tray when VueMinder Calendar window is closed" has a checkmark?

If the option does have a checkmark, what happens when you minimize the main window? Are you still seeing VueMinder on your task bar?

Have you checked to see if the icon is being hidden in your task tray? Depending on the version of Windows you're using, there should be an arrow button somewhere in the task tray to allow access to hidden icons.

I hope that helps!
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

vflores022

Post by vflores022 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:36 pm

Hello Dan;

Thanks for the quick response.... I have windows xp pro.

In Program Options, I have the following checked -- automatically check for program updates, always show taskbar icon, even when minimized, minimize to system tray when VueMinder Calendar is closed.

When I close the VueMinder, using the X at the right corner, it shows up minimized in my task bar, (bottom of the screen showing what programs are opened) and is also visible in my system tray.

I do get a message when I close VueMinder, that it will be minimized to the task tray and to double click on the icon to display window.

Thanks.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:02 pm

Are you using version 7.4.3? It sounds like you might be using an older version.

It's also possible the beta for version 8.0.0 will fix the behavior you're seeing. It can be downloaded from the following thread, if you'd like to give it a shot:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... ?f=5&t=373
Dan Chartrand, Founder

vflores022

Post by vflores022 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:49 pm

I downloaded the beta, and it solved the problem... thank you.

I have another quick question, is there a way to print or export information for just 1 contact? thanks again.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:16 pm

I'm glad to hear the beta fixed the problem you were seeing.

Regarding the ability to print the information for a single contact, this is currently not a feature. However, I think this would be a nice improvement and I've added this to my to-do list. I'm envisioning a Print command in the popup menu when right-clicking a row in the Contact list, as well as a Print button at the top of the Contact Editor window. This would make printing of contacts consistent with printing events/tasks/notes, which currently provide these commands for printing individual items.

I'll let you know when this improvement is completed. It probably won't make it into 8.0, which is going to be released very soon, but I'll try to get it into the following version.

Thanks for the suggestion, and please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:04 pm

I know it has taken a while, but the capability to print contacts has been completed in version 10.1.4 (Pro and Ultimate versions only). One or more contacts can be printed by right-clicking the selected row(s) in the Contact List. A print button has also been added to the top of the Contact Editor as well as in the Details Pane when a contact is selected.

To update, click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu. I hope you'll like this new feature. Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder