Problems with 7.2.1

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
cybrarianfirst

Problems with 7.2.1

Post by cybrarianfirst » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:50 am

Ever since I upgraded to the new Lite version, I cannot get it to get past the google calendar login. I have to shut it down every time with the task manager. What on earth is going on?? I have retrograded back to version 6 because it just won't work. I cannot either login, OR work offline. How do I get past this?

Thanks!

cybrarianfirst

Re: Problems with 7.2.1

Post by cybrarianfirst » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:25 am

HOW do you "delete" a google calendar? How do I get this thing to stop trying to sync or login ??

Thanks!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:02 pm

When it asks for your password, are you checking the "Remember my password" box? If you don't check this box, it might ask for the password everytime the calendar needs to sync.

Please try this:
1. Double-click the calendar name in your list of calendars to open the Calendar Properties window.
2. Click the "Google Calendar" tab.
3. Under the "Authentication" section, ensure your correct username and password are entered, and the "Save password" box is checked.

If it's still asking for the password, that could mean there's a problem logging into Google Calendar. This could be due to an incorrect username/password, firewall interference, or possibly a lock on your Google Calendar account. You can unlock your account, allowing remote login from VueMinder, by clicking here.

I hope that helps. Please let my know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

cybrarianfirst

Post by cybrarianfirst » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:16 am

Nope. Everything I did made the whole thing hang up and I could not get past it. My password is NOT saved, but even though it is correct, I could neither login NOR work offline. The whole thing would hang up and I'd have to get task manager to shut it down.

I'm back with version 6. It works just fine.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:26 pm

It appears there's a problem when the option to save the password is not selected. After more investigation, I believe I've found what is causing the problem. A correction is in work for the next release. Thanks for letting me know about the problem.

In the meantime, as long as the option to save the password is selected, there shouldn't be a problem. In case you're curious, passwords are securely stored on your local computer using 256 bit encryption.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:48 pm

The problem has been fixed in version 7.3, which is now available. The program will no longer lock up if the Google Calendar login window appears while starting.
Dan Chartrand, Founder