Remove Duplicate

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
danielv95

Remove Duplicate

Post by danielv95 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:28 am

Hi Forum and Dan,

Somehow I have duplicate entries for a recurring event in my calendar synched with Google. There aren't duplicates in Google. How can I remove one of the duplicates without removing the event from Google?

I am using Pro version 7.2.1.

Thanks -- Dan

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Remove Duplicate

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:23 pm

The easiest way to determine which duplicated event corresponds to the one in Google Calendar, and which ones are superfluous, would be to make a minor change the recurring series in Google Calendar, such as adding a character at the bottom of the event description. Within a few seconds, VueMinder should automatically sync the event with Google Calendar. The correct series should have the same minor change you made in Google, while the duplicates won't have the change. You can then safely delete the duplicates in VueMinder.

As for why you're getting duplicate entries in the first place, I'm not sure. I've attempted to repeat the behavior, but have been unsuccessful. It might be a rare timing issue when syncing events. If you notice it happening again, and find any consistent way of making it repeat, please let me know.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

walking4god

Post by walking4god » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:07 pm

I've actually had duplicates repeatedly show up on my VueMinder as well when synching with Google, though I'm using the Lite version at the moment, along with a wireless connection that is not consistent in it's connection. (This may be why I have it happen every once in a while.)

Another issue I've had that doesn't appear to be connected to the internet connection is I am having issues with certain schedule's not popping up. For instance, I have a class schedule posted on the calendar with all classes showing up except one. They are on a recurring schedule and are marked public. I've hit synch a few different times but that doesn't seem to help.

By the way, I'm loving this program! Thanks!
Last edited by walking4god on Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:12 pm

There have been a number of corrections made for the next version (7.3.0) that I believe will clear up these types of syncing issues. The next version is currently being tested and should be available by the end of the month.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

amaral

Post by amaral » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:12 pm

I was a quite happy user of Palm Desktop -even a few years after I gave up on Palms themselves. When I got Windows 7 at work I had to look for something else and I got Vueminder Pro. I use Vueminder at both my home and work computers, syncing with Google Calendar. Now all my recurrents are duplicated or triplicated. Today I found one quad. I tried once removing duplicates and no, it´s too much work. Really hope this next revision will solve this problem.

Daniel

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:31 pm

This should be fixed now in version 7.3, which has been officially released. I don't know that it will clean up previous duplicates, but you shouldn't see any new ones get created.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

danielv95

Post by danielv95 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:10 pm

Hi Dan and everyone,

After updating to v7.3 I ended up deleting all of the recurring events that had duplicates, waiting overnight until I was sure it was synched with Google, deleting a couple of strays in Google, and reentering the recurring events. So far I have seen no new duplicates.

Thanks -- Dan V.