Various Issues

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
mnhgolf

Various Issues

Post by mnhgolf » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:04 pm

I am using Ultimate 2020.03.

1 - How do I set the default snooze duration for all future reminders (one time and recurring)? It always reverts to 5 minutes on new reminders.

2 - How do I set the program to return to the current date after searching for a particular reminder? It always returns to 2018 on my installation.

3 - How do I remove the balloon/popover/tooltip when I want to dismiss a reminder? It hides the dismiss/dismiss all buttons in the lower right hand corner.

4 - How do I set the program to always maximize each window? It goes from a small window in the upper left corner, to maximized to a partial window.

Thanks!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Various Issues

Post by VueSoft » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:55 pm

Hi mnhgolf, in response to your questions:
  1. You can save the default snooze length as part of the default reminder settings for the associated calendar. Any new events/reminders associated with that calendar will use the specified default snooze length. Please see the last couple of paragraphs in the documentation linked below for more details:
    https://www.vueminder.com/blog/post/wha ... oze-length
  2. You can return to the current date by clicking the "Today" button (usually in the upper-right corner) or by pressing Ctrl+T.
  3. I'm not sure why the tooltip is obscuring the reminder window. I don't see the behavior on any of my test computers. You can disable the tooltips by unchecking the "View -> Show Tooltips" menu option.
  4. Which window are you referring to? I haven't seen this behavior on any of the windows I've looked at. What resolution is your screen set to?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

mnhgolf

Post by mnhgolf » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:43 pm

Thanks for the information regarding the snooze duration and returning to the current date after searching for reminders.
The tooltip obscuring the dismiss/dismiss all buttons must have been occurring in a previous version.
My display resolution is set at 3840 x 2160. I use a 40" 4K TV as a monitor. The popup reminder window is the one that changes size from time to time. Thanks for your help.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:31 pm

Hi mnhgolf, thank you for the information. I'll fix the problem with the popup reminder window sometimes not remembering that it was maximized previously. This correction will be in the next version. I'll post a reply when it's ready to download.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA