update 2020.05 requests Licence Key

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
gmh

update 2020.05 requests Licence Key

Post by gmh » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:42 am

I updated my calendar (Vueminder PRO) to 2020.05 and now it won't start unless I give it the original licence key. I don't have this - just a lifetime update code. When I give my e-mail address to request the licence key it says no licence found. I have been using the calendar since about 2011, and bought the Lifetime Update code for our 2 PCs in 2015. Please help.

gmh

Re: update 2020.05 requests Licence Key

Post by gmh » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:29 am

Just to say I got an e-mail from Dan giving me my Licence Key so all is now working.

Karen

Post by Karen » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:52 am

I also cannot open VueMinder as it says my lifetime service contract expired in 2010!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:13 pm

Hi Karen, I sent you an email earlier today. Please let me know if you didn't receive it.

In case anyone else is having this issue, VueMinder 2020.04 was changed to be activated by license key instead of having a separate license installer. If you purchased before this change, you should see a Welcome window when starting the new version of VueMinder. Select the option to find your license key and enter the email address you originally used when you originally purchased. In most cases, VueMinder should be able to find your license key and you should be able to re-activate without any issue. The page linked below explains this change in more detail:
https://www.vueminder.com/blog/post/wha ... -installer

In some cases, like if renewed your update protection using a different name and email address than were used when you originally purchased, VueMinder might not be able to locate your license. Figuring out that type of stuff requires a human in the loop (that's me). Please send an email to support@vueminder.com if you need any help finding your license key. I'll respond as quickly as I can.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA