Time appears on desktop calendar?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
fishyfish

Time appears on desktop calendar?

Post by fishyfish » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:33 pm

Why is it that when I create an event, sometimes the start time appears on the post on the desktop calendar, but other times not? I don't want it to appear because my calendar is small and it takes up too much room on the post so I can not see the event name. How can I set a start and end time, but not have it display unless I mouse over and get the popup bubble?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Time appears on desktop calendar?

Post by VueSoft » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:21 pm

The times will appear if there's enough space, or if the program thinks there's enough space. There are a couple things you could do. The first would be to reduce the font size (via the Appearance Toolbar or Calendar Properties window). This will allow more of the event title to be visible. You could also adjust the size of the Desktop Calendar. If you make it smaller, that might cause the times to no longer appear.

The next version (of Pro) is being improved to word-wrap the event titles in the Month view and on the Desktop Calendar. A setting for adjusting the detail level is also being added. The lowest detail level will cause times to never display, regardless of how much space is available. The higest detail level will always show both starting and ending times, as well as event locations. This will be a big improvement over the current approach, which tries to balance how much information is displayed with how much space is available for it to appear.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

photon

Post by photon » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:08 pm

Just loaded Lite 8.4.0

How do i set the level of detail so I can control weather the time shows in the event or not?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:26 pm

Hi photon, welcome to the forums.

The Lite version doesn't offer this degree of control. However, the Pro version does. In the Pro version, you can pick Low, Medium, High, or Auto detail. The Lite version only supports the Auto detail level, which dynamically adjusts how much information is available based on how large the desktop calendar is sized.

Here's the link to the Pro version documentation. Scroll down to the "Month View Settings" section.
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... hview.html

The detail options described in the link above are the same as the ones provided on the desktop calendar, and accessed the same way, by clicking the "gear" button in the upper-right corner. As mentioned above, these detail options are missing in the Lite version.

Here's an example screenshot showing how times appear in the different detail modes. It also shows how the Pro version can (optionally) word-wrap, which is another feature missing from the Lite version:

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA