No horizontal scroll bar in List view

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
appyface

No horizontal scroll bar in List view

Post by appyface » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:43 pm

Hi Dan,

Sometimes in the List view for events/tasks, I do not have a horizontal (left-to-right) scroll bar, even though there are more columns to the right of the screen. Some types of changes such as adding a recurring event, will bring it back.

I believe the missing scroll bar is somehow connected to a screen display that has less than a full screen's worth of items (vertical scroll bar is not needed), plus all items on display have no reminder and no recurrence data. But I have not had time to look for a scenario that will reproduce it consistently.

Just FYI in case you were not aware. Thanks and kind regards,
--appyface

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: No horizontal scroll bar in List view

Post by VueSoft » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:05 pm

Hi appyface, I believe this may be related to the column widths being automatically sized (autofit). The column widths refresh to try to make all columns visible given the current size of the List View, resulting in the horizontal scroll bar being removed. I've changed how this works for the next release, so as soon as a column width is manually adjusted, autofit no longer occurs. I think this will solve the problem you're seeing with the scrollbar disappearing.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

appyface

Post by appyface » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:48 pm

Just so I'm clear, this is not a case where autofit brought all the columns I have selected, into view, which justifiably would remove the scrollbar. I had not adjusted any column widths manually at this time, and I did have more columns off screen to the right -- yet I had no horizontal scrollbar until I opened an event, made some changes and saved it (still no reminder and no occurences), and the saving caused a repaint of the screen and the horizontal scrollbar was back.

I can't recreate it consistently however. But if you still feel the fixes for manual/auto column widths has an influence on this, I'll be happy to wait and test that out :-)

Kind regards,
--appyface

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:30 pm

Thanks for the clarification. I'm not able to repeat this behavior, but I think I can fix it. I'll try to have this corrected in the next version.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA