how to keep vueminder in task bar

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
olsoneagle

how to keep vueminder in task bar

Post by olsoneagle » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:41 pm

Hi new to site. Downloaded 7.2.4 yesterday-like it a lot. After I downloaded and used when I "minimized" it
Vueminder was in my task bar so all I had to do of course was click to see it again. Today, however when I minimize it is gone! I have to minimize all other programs to get to my start up icons and click it. It opens fast so I know it is open somewhere?? Can you tell me how to do this. Thanks

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: how to keep vueminder in task bar

Post by VueSoft » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:56 pm

Hi olsoneagle, welcome to the forums. When the main window is minimized, VueMinder will continue to run in the background. It can be accessed via the task tray (aka 'system tray', aka 'notification area'). This is usually in the lower-right corner of the screen, next to the clock. Sometimes the task tray icon might be hidden, unless you change the notification icon settings to always make the VueMinder icon visible.

More information about the task tray icon can be found here:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... narea.html

The next version is adding an option to control whether VueMinder should appear on the taskbar when the main window is minimized, so it will work like most other programs when minimized.

Also, when the main window is minimized the first time and the option to always show VueMinder on the taskbar is disabled (the default), a tooltip will appear.

I believe these changes will make the background operation of the program more intuitive. Thanks again for your post and please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

olsoneagle

Re: how to keep vueminder in task bar

Post by olsoneagle » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:41 am

Thanks That's where it is!!