Help with desktop calendar!

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
edin555

Help with desktop calendar!

Post by edin555 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:48 pm

I just downloaded the pro trial version and I like it but for one huge problem.
My Laptop screen size is 15in and in the monthly view I can only see 2 appointments per date without making my calendar too big for the rest of my desktop!

Is there a way to get rid of or make smaller the huge upper space waste compromised of just an empty date and settong icon toolbar, as well as the toolbar above with only 2 buttons (month, week)?
Is there any other solution to my problem?

Thank you

Ps I am talking about the desktop calendar, everything is perfectly fine with the other view!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Help with desktop calendar!

Post by VueSoft » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:58 pm

Hi edin555, welcome to the forums and thank you for trying VueMinder Calendar Pro. Unfortunately, there's no way to hide the toolbar buttons or the current date label at the top of the desktop calendar. However, there are a few other things you can do to help make more space available for events:

1. Click the "Move/Resize" button, and adjust the desktop calendar's height and/or position.

2. Click the "gear" button in the upper-right corner and select a smaller number of visible weeks, like 3 or 4. There's also a "Week" tab that will show all events for the week, in case you don't need to see a full month at a time.

3. If event text is word-wrapping and you'd like to turn this off so more event titles can fit, click the "gear" button and uncheck the "Word Wrap" option. This will make each event only 1 row.

4. Go to the Calendar Properties in the main window (double-click a calendar name) and reduce the font size. This will make the text smaller, allowing more events to fit.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:30 am

A new beta is available. This version places the tabs in the Desktop Calendar along the left edge of the calendar, instead of the top. This should provide more space for events, and will decrease the appearance of wasted space near the top of the window.

The beta can be downloaded here, if you're interested:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... ?f=5&t=373
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

edin555

Post by edin555 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:22 am

Thanks a lot, that was a quick and helpful response!
I appreciate it, and I will try out the beta!