Category Query

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Jaffacaique

Category Query

Post by Jaffacaique » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:17 pm

Hi Dan

I have adjusted the settings of the Catergory name 'Personal' so that anything assigned to it is displayed as the colour Yellow, this has worked okay for me when I enter each event that is assigned to it.

However when I select the 'Calendars Tab' in the left column on the main screen the calendar entry changes colour to match the colour of another entry 'not assigned' as Personal, when I select the 'Catergories Tab' manually the entries then show as the colour 'Yellow' which is correct...

Why won't the colour stay the same when I select the other tab? Hope this is not too confusing

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Category Query

Post by VueSoft » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:11 pm

The default behavior is to color items based on which tab is currently active in the Calendar Items area on the left side of the window. For example, if the Calendars tab is active, you'll see events colored based on their associated calendar. If the Categories tab is active, events will be colored based on category.

The following link explains this in more detail:
http://www.vueminder.com/index.php?page ... use#FAQ114

To force events to always be colored based on category, go to the View menu and click the "Color Events Using" submenu. From there, select "Category Colors". You can also press Alt+3 as a shortcut. This will also affect the coloring of tasks and notes.

Also, bear in mind that if you override the color of an event, via the Appearance tab in the Event Editor window, the override will always be shown - not the associated calendar/category/priority/location color for the event. If you want to remove the override, right-click the event and select "Reset Appearance".

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA