Shared Calendar - All events not showing on all machines

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
MB1711

Shared Calendar - All events not showing on all machines

Post by MB1711 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:28 pm

Dan,

We have about a half dozen shared calendars on a Windows 2008 R2 server being shared by a Win XP machine and Win 7 Machine.

We have a “one time only” event that was created on the Win 7 machine and says it belongs to my calendar. On this same day is another event that is on the GLOBAL calendar.

The XP machine shows the event but the Win 7 machine does not show the event.

Other events that are on my calendar are showing up just fine on both machines. Just this one event (that we know about) will not display on my machine. It is showing up on the XP machine fine.

We are using Vr. 8.0.1 on both machines.

We’ve tried closing VueMinder on both machines and re-starting it. Restarting each machine. We have not tried to do a re-install. That always seems to bother me when that is the “SOLUTION”.

Any suggestions?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Shared Calendar - All events not showing on all machines

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:30 pm

Hi MB1711, welcome to the forums. In this case, I don't think reinstalling would have any effect.

There was a bug in the previous version where shared events that were copied and pasted would never appear on other computers. This might be related to what you're seeing. Version 8.0.1 fixes this when pasting events, but events that were copied/pasted in the previous version might still be problematic.

Try cutting and pasting the shared event, and see if that forces it to appear on your computer. If that doesn't fix it, please let me know.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA