Loss of recurrent events, and some hidden(??)

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Surre

Loss of recurrent events, and some hidden(??)

Post by Surre » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:06 am

When I add a birthday, recurrent event, ex. 25 feb 1956 (one day event) it shows up in my calendar, then dissapears.
If I go to events, there it sometimes is, but the date has changed to 24 AND 25'th. (or 26'th) it is not only one day event anymore?!?
I edit the date back to the 25'th, then it shows up again in my calendar. This happends wery often.

Bug?
Another thing. Hidden elements?
In "Year view", I discovered that can see other ting I have lost with mouseover as hidden?
How can I make it not to be "hidden" anymore? This is the only place I can se some of my lost events......with mouseover...
I hope you understand what I mean. I have to use google translation some times. ;)

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Loss of recurrent events, and some hidden(??)

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:39 pm

It sounds like you have a filter applied. Events associated with certain calendars, categories, priorities, and locations can be filtered from the calendar by unchecking the boxes in the "Calendar Items" area of the window. If you create an event that is associated with a filtered category, the event will momentarily appear and then disappear, since its category is filtered.

Please see the following documentation. Scroll down to the section titled "Filtering Calendar Items". All will be made clear...
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... rlist.html

To remove all filters, click the "Show All Events" command on the View menu. I hope that makes sense. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Surre

Post by Surre » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:28 pm

What you said did not work.

But:
I discovered that if I made a recurring event in my googlecalendar it appear in VueMinder. So far, so good.
If I then delete it in VueMinder, it remain as hidden in VueMinder.
I delete it from google, but I see it as hidden in Vueminder. This "hidden"-event is nowhere to be found so I can delete it.

I do not understand how to remove this "hidden"-thing, unless I have to remove the whole calendar and add it again, something I do not feel like to do..

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:41 pm

Thank you for the clarification. I've corrected this for the next version. Deleted events will no longer say they're hidden in the tooltip that is shown when hovering over an event. Instead, deleted events simply won't appear in the tooltip.

If you're curious, Google handles deleted events by hiding them and setting their status to cancelled (under the hood). In order for syncing of deleted events to work correctly, I had to do something similar. However, the tooltip was still showing the event, because it wasn't checking if the event had been deleted, just if it was hidden.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Surre

Post by Surre » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:47 pm

Good!
--
Yes, I noticed some day one of my events in google was "cancelled", so I figured it maybe had some connection to deleted events in VueMinder.

Now, bedtime in Norway ;)