Shared calendar not updating

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
lotusaurus

Shared calendar not updating

Post by lotusaurus » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:34 pm

I'm trying to share a calendar with my wife over the network. The shared calendar, created by me, is stored on a laptop running XP. My wife can open it on her Windows 7 PC and can see the single entry that I have entered so far. She has Contributor rights to the shared calendar, and she entered a new appointment on the shared calendar.

However, when I open my calendar (which is the shared one) on my Windows 7 PC, I don't see the new appointment. Also, when I amend my original entry, she doesn't see the amendment.

What's meant to happen? Is there something else I need to do in order to see the new entries?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Shared calendar not updating

Post by VueSoft » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:15 am

New events should appear automatically. I'm not sure why you're seeing a problem. You might try restarting VueMinder Calendar on both computers, and see if that clears it up.

If you still can't get it to work, an alternative approach would be to both publish and subscribe to the same ICS file (using the Publish/Subscribe tabs in the Calendar Properties window). Configure both computers to publish/subscribe to the same file, located in a shared folder somewhere on your network.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA