Google Calender Sync not syncing?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Natural Born Klingon

Google Calender Sync not syncing?

Post by Natural Born Klingon » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:44 am

When I try to sync my Google Calendar, it doesn't seem to work! I get a Sync Successful message, but none of the future events appear in my calendar. The Outlook sync works superbly, but ...

Any ideas? It's the same on my home Windows 7 laptop and my work XP one.

Cheers!

lildeb

Re: Google Calender Sync not syncing?

Post by lildeb » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:37 pm

I am experiencing the same problem. I just installed the Pro version on a trial basis. I have entered all my Google information, but when I click on 'sync now' I see the message that it is syncing in the bottom left corner, yet the properties say 'last synced with Google Calendar: Never' and my appointments are not coming across. I have tried my username both way username and username@gmail.com neither of them seem to make any difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Debbie

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:35 am

I'm not sure what is causing this, since I'm not able to replicate the problem. However, I found some other problems that may be related, and I've corrected those problems for the next release. I can't say for certain the changes I've made will fix the problem you're seeing.

Usually, Google Sync problems are caused by having a firewall that blocks VueMinder from connecting to Google Calendar, or by having Google Lab items enabled in Google Calendar.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Natural Born Klingon

Post by Natural Born Klingon » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:40 am

For my home connection, it won't be a firewall issue :-) Google Labs features, though .... maybe!

I'll disable them all, try again & let you know what the result is (but it'll be a bit later :-) )

lildeb

Post by lildeb » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:41 pm

Well that's a bummer. I'm evaluating this software for my company and it looked promising. I guess I'll just have to continue my search.

Natural Born Klingon

Post by Natural Born Klingon » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:03 pm

Ha! Found the problem ... and it was (kinda) my fault. I had somehow managed to get TWO calendars set up - my Google one and another one. The other one was the one showing up ...

Now all I need to do is figure out the error I'm getting on the proxy page at work :-)

rjm01

Post by rjm01 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:53 pm

I was having the same problem until Version 8.1 Beta. Fixed it by deleting the events and then reentering them. Hopefully it will continue to work.

XSpiritusX

Post by XSpiritusX » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:18 pm

I too was having this problem. Try looking at whatever calendar was supposed to be synchronized with Google Calendar and right click it. Click "Add Google Calendar," and edit which calendars you sync with. This was my problem. I had multiple Google Calendars named the same thing, and it was sync-ing the wrong one.