Trouble sharing calendars

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
mbud

Trouble sharing calendars

Post by mbud » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:52 pm

I must be missing something. I have 2 PCs connected via a local network. One is Vista & the other is Windows 7. Both PCs have rights to the other's share folders.

I installed Pro on both PCs after using Lite for a while, so both have their own calendars. I want to share the calendars. I've chosen a folder on one PC that both will share to. Do I have to move the calendar files from each PC to that share folder? If so, which files to I move? Do I have to rename the files?

I've read through your instructions several times (they are for an earlier version by the way), but there seems to be one or more steps missing.

Thanks!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Trouble sharing calendars

Post by VueSoft » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:44 am

Hi mbud, welcome to the forums. Are you using the instructions in the FAQ, linked below?
How do I share calendars over my local network?

A shared database will be automatically generated, if it doesn't already exist. You shouldn't need to copy files or anything like that. Just enable sharing of a calendar using the "Sharing" tab on the Calendar Properties window, and then on the other computer, use the "Add a Shared Calendar From Local Network" command on the File menu. As long as both computers are looking at the same shared database, you should see the calendar listed.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

mbud

Re: Trouble sharing calendars

Post by mbud » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:57 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. I went back to the beginning and redid all the steps. The calendars are now shared. Not sure what I did wrong the first "several" times, but it's working fine now :D

Lesson learned - don't try to configure new software at 11 PM!