Option for priorities to modify base colors

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!
enigmatic_user

Option for priorities to modify base colors

Post by enigmatic_user » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:40 pm

When using calendar, category or location colors for coloring events, the priority only has little effect. I prefer using calendar colors (business events, private events, birthdays etc.), but I'd really like to have a quick overview of what is urgent and what is rather unimportant.

I'd find it nice if the priority settings had an option to "shade" the colors used for displaying events. So I'd have a base color given by the calendar, category or location color, and for the priority I'd have controls for modifying these base colors regarding hue, saturation and brightness. That way I could, for example, let the color for important events unchanged and diminish the saturation for the less important events.

Cheers,
Jan
Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Option for priorities to modify base colors

Post by VueSoft » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:16 pm

Hi Jan, thanks for the suggestion. I have on my to-do list improving the display of events, to show a small "side-band" in event blocks. This side band would be color-coded based on the associated priority. I'll let you know when this improvement is available.

In the meantime, a quick workaround would be to use the Alt+4 shortcut to color all events based on priority. You can toggle between other color modes using Alt+1 through Alt+5. The menu commands for these shortcuts are in the View menu, under the "Color Events Using" submenu.

I hope that helps. Thanks again for the suggestion, and please let me know if you think of anything else you'd like improved.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

enigmatic_user

Post by enigmatic_user » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:14 pm

VueSoft wrote:Hi Jan, thanks for the suggestion. I have on my to-do list improving the display of events, to show a small "side-band" in event blocks. This side band would be color-coded based on the associated priority.
Fine, that will help a lot. :)
VueSoft wrote:In the meantime, a quick workaround would be to use the Alt+4 shortcut to color all events based on priority. You can toggle between other color modes using Alt+1 through Alt+5. The menu commands for these shortcuts are in the View menu, under the "Color Events Using" submenu.
Yes, I know about the possibility to choose other views, but not having to do that will be much more convenient. ;)
VueSoft wrote:Thanks again for the suggestion, and please let me know if you think of anything else you'd like improved.
I won't hold back! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Jan

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:15 am

The side-band feature has been completed for the next version (9.1.0). A beta is available, if you'd like an early look:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... ?f=5&t=817

On the View menu, select the desired side-band type using the "Color Event Sidebar" command. Note, this feature is not available in the Lite version.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

enigmatic_user

Post by enigmatic_user » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:50 am

Thank you very much, I'll test the beta as soon as I find some time for it! :)

Cheers,
Jan