Moving a single instance of a recurring event on google cal?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
chaz4130

Moving a single instance of a recurring event on google cal?

Post by chaz4130 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:25 pm

I've been using 8.1.2 pro trial version. I use google calendar a lot for work and love the interface of vueminder, but I'm discovering a few glitches...

I keep my personal bills on a google calendar and often move single instances of them around. For example if a bill is due around the 14th I'll schedule it for the first Friday of every month. Well if the first Fri is on the 1st then I might move it to the 8th and pay it a week later that month. On the web based google calendar I can just drag and drop them around and it just moves that single instance. These events don't move in VueMinder and stay on the date of the recurring event.

I thought about trying to re-do my whole bill calendar in vueminder and only use it to edit or move around the bills, but I'm not using vueminder at my office yet and often use the web based calendar there if I pay bills @ work.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Moving a single instance of a recurring event on google

Post by VueSoft » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:31 am

Hi chaz4130, welcome to the forums. You should see the events move in VueMinder after being moved in Google Calendar. I just double-checked this, and couldn't duplicate the problem.

Do you have the calendar configured to sync automatically? Please go to the Calendar Properties, click the "Google Calendar" tab, and ensure the sync frequence is set to "Automatically" with a sync direction of "2-way".

Please let me know if that doesn't explain the problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

chaz4130

Post by chaz4130 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:54 am

I've got it set to sync auto on 2-way... sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Just now I deleted the bills calendar from vueminder and completely exit and restarted the program. Then I added the bills calendar to vueminder for a fresh start. It put any recurring events that have been moved in the wrong spot.

For example I put in a recurring event to pay the property tax for my car every year on Feb 12th because it's due at the end of Feb. This month I have moved it to Feb 24th. When I view the calendar on the web it shows it on Feb 24th (and when I view the details google no longer shows it as recurring since I have moved the 1 instance of it, but it is still on feb 12th 2012, 2013 and so on...) When I view my calendar in VueMinder it shows the property tax entry on Feb 12th and no entry at all on Feb 24th. This is what it did with all recurring events that have 1 instance adjusted.

I noticed when I move a recurring event in VueMinder and look at the details it still shows it as a recurring event on the date that the rest of the events are on. When I look at a moved recurring event on the web, google doesn't show that 1 instance as recurring anymore...

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:22 am

Thank you for the information. I'll work on finding what is causing this and will let you know when a correction is available.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

chaz4130

Post by chaz4130 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:21 pm

Thanks!

I've been on the fence about buying the program (a.k.a. convincing the boss to buy it for office use) and this problem is really bugging me when I go to pay my bills.

You all seem to stay on top of this tech support forum and problems / suggestions from customers...that's a good sign!

Good news is for work purposes we don't really use many recurring events, especially ones that we would be moving around, so currently it's only effecting me when I pay my bills. For now I'm just having to use the web based google cal when I pay bills.