Shared calendars are disappearing

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Franci

Shared calendars are disappearing

Post by Franci » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:24 am

Greetings,

I am a new user of Vueminder and I have to say that the program looks amazing! Because of it's user-friendliness and flexibility it is perfect to implement it in a daily routine of our company, so we have started to use trial version on four computers and thinking to install it on two more. But there seems to be some glitches:

1. Every day while I use it, some shared calendars disappear from my screen. Now we are using 7 different calendars and at least twice a day I have to add the same shared calendars to my computer - also one's I created. The calendars are shared through network disk (on our local network), so maybe there is a better way to set everything up. Do you have any ideas how to solve the problem because it is starting to annoy me.

2. On my colleague's computer it happened that while she was writing on an existing event, the whole calendar disappeared. She couldn't find it anywhere, even though she created it. In the same time others could still see it and use it. I solved the problem by ''hijacking'' the calendar (I became the creator) and invited her to use it. Why this happened?

I hope mentioned problems will be solved, because we would really like to use this program in future and we are prepared to buy it for all our computers. But before we can do this, we have to be sure essential information regarding our obligation to our clients won't disappear.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Shared calendars are disappearing

Post by VueSoft » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:18 am

Hi Franci, welcome to the forums. I apologize for the unusual behavior you're seeing. A correction is currently in work and should be released next week. I'll post a reply when it's available.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:12 pm

This problem has been corrected for the next version (8.1.3). A pre-release beta is available for download, if you'd like an early look:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... ?f=5&t=468
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Franci

Post by Franci » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:13 am

Thanks!

I will inform you how the new version is doing.

Franci