Desktop Calendar Opacity

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
dave-user

Desktop Calendar Opacity

Post by dave-user » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:17 am

Hi Dan,
I want the Desktop Calendar to always show the Day view, but when I restart VueMinder the Desktop Calendar always reverts to the Week view.
I'm not sure why you're seeing this. I've attempted to duplicate the problem but I can't get it to happen. When you restart VueMinder, is the opacity slider all the way to the right, regardless of where you had set it previously?
I've investigated this problem more thoroughly. It took me some time to work out the sequence of steps that causes the problem, but I can now reproduce it reliably. When the problem happens, the opacity doesn't always revert to 100% after restart, it reverts to a value set at some previous time, but not to the value most recently set.

Here is a sequence of steps that works:
  • Set the opacity to 25%, by sliding the opacity slider.
  • Close VueMinder by right-clicking on the system tray icon and clicking Exit.
  • Restart VueMinder and the opacity is still 25%
Here is a sequence of steps that fails:
  • Set the opacity to 25%, by sliding the opacity slider.
  • Then set the opacity to 50%, by clicking the opacity slider.
  • Close VueMinder by right-clicking on the system tray icon and clicking Exit.
  • Restart VueMinder and the opacity is still 25% -- NOT 50% !
As you can see, the problem is caused by clicking the opacity slider, rather than sliding the opacity slider.

Regards, Dave

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Desktop Calendar Opacity

Post by VueSoft » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:42 pm

Hi Dave, thanks for the information. I've tracked down the problem and a correction has been made for the next version. I'll post a reply when it's available.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA