High CPU usage.

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
grimace15

Re: High CPU usage.

Post by grimace15 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:37 pm

Come home from work tonight and sit down at my PC and it is eating up the CPU again.

Joe Y.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:11 am

Hi Joe, I've been running with your data since last night - about 24 hours so far. CPU usage is currently at 0% and memory looks normal. :?

I believe the problem may be due to conflicts between multiple processes (threads) that run in the background. I found some cases where there's a potential for a thread to "dead lock" - which is basically just a technical way of saying the program gets stuck. The odds of this happening should be small (I run the program all the time and have never seen this happen), but it can vary depending on your computer hardware and many other factors.

I've corrected those cases, although without being able to duplicate the problem, I'm not sure if my changes will fix it. If you're interested, I'll let you know when the beta is available. There are a number of other major improvements in work for the next version, so it might be a few weeks.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Darwin

Post by Darwin » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:18 am

Just to note, around 10 pm last night I had to exit and restart VueMinder again - same issue, cycling CPU usage: 0-55%-0% in an endless loop and about 300MB RAM utilization. I was able to open the main calendar (I have a full desktop calendar displayed) and exit normally.