Searching Vueminder

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
dg9879

Searching Vueminder

Post by dg9879 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:24 pm

I have the trial version of Pro VueMinder. When I do a search nothing comes up in the list pane and I'm sure I have entries in my calendar although they are all tasks at this stage

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Searching Vueminder

Post by VueSoft » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:46 pm

Hi dg9879, are you searching within the "Tasks" tab? Also, have you adjusted the date range accordingly? After specifying a date range, such as "This calendar year", enter a search word or phrase in the search box, and then press Enter. If it still doesn't find tasks you know to be within the specified date range, please let me know. I'm not aware of any problems searching for tasks.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

dg9879

Post by dg9879 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:13 pm

I tried again. The default date range is this full calendar year and I was searching for items in that year. I left it at the default any text field which I thought should bring up anything. It still didn't work for me.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:26 pm

Hmm, that's odd. Please try switching to the "Tasks"tab in the main window (not the Search window), type your search word in the upper-right corner of the tab, and then press Enter. Does that work, or do you have the same problem?

Have you tried searching for other words, or does it appear searching isn't working at all? If that's the case, then your tasks might be hidden. Does the "Tasks" calendar have a checkmark in the calendar list? If not, try checking it. Also, if you see a red X at the bottom of the calendar list, click the X to clear any other filters. Does that fix it?

Are you sure your items are tasks and not events? Do you get any different results when searching for events on the "Events" tab?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

dg9879

Post by dg9879 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:17 pm

Thanks for your help. I worked out how to use it now.