Unsubscribe

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
thommel

Unsubscribe

Post by thommel » Fri May 06, 2011 6:59 am

Hi!

I somehow subscribed to a calendar from Universalis.com, and cannot figure out how to unsubscribe. I don't want these events cluttering my calendar. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Unsubscribe

Post by VueSoft » Fri May 06, 2011 7:51 am

Hi thommel, welcome to the forums. To remove the subscribed calendar, right-click its name in the list of calendars and select the "Delete Calendar" command from the popup menu. This will completely remove the calendar subscription and all its associated events.

If you'd prefer to just hide those events, uncheck the box to the left of the calendar's name. The checkbox can be used to control whether the associated events are visible.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

thommel

Post by thommel » Fri May 06, 2011 11:36 am

Thanks for the quick response! However, the calendar does NOT appear in the pane on the left. If I click on an event, the bottom left pane says:

Saint Philip Neri, Priest

Calendar: THomms Calendar
Date: 5/26/2011

http://www.universalis.com/20110526/today.htm

Hopefully this helps!
Tim

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat May 07, 2011 12:49 am

Hi Tim, I'm not sure what you mean. I apologize for my confusion, but it sounded like you had added a calendar subscription. These are usually their own separate calendar, but the details you're showing makes it appear (I think?) that your personal calendar has somehow been associated with subscribed events. Maybe this was accidentally done at some point by right-clicking a subscribed event and picking the "Assign to Calendar" command, or selecting a different calendar for the event in the Event Editor window.

In any case, you can delete these events by clicking the event and then pressing the Delete key. I'm not sure how many subscribed events were associated with your personal calendar, so if deleting each event is too time consuming, there are other ways of cleaning it up. For example, if you're using the Pro version, go to the Events tab and see if you can clump the subscribed events, maybe sorting by category (click the Category column header). If you can get the events bunched together on contiguous rows, then you can shift-click those rows to select them all at the same time and press the Delete key to remove those events.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

thommel

Post by thommel » Sun May 08, 2011 12:01 pm

Thanks for your help. I don't know how what happened happened, but I just went through the calendar and deleted all of the events that I did not want.

Thanks again for all your help. Even though I am only using the Lite version, I find it perfect fro my needs.

Tim