Desktop Calendar

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
dave-user

Desktop Calendar and Popup Reminders

Post by dave-user » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:53 am

Hi Dan,

A few problems with Version 8.2:
  • Some time ago, I reported a problem with two of the Desktop Calendar Apperance Themes ("LargeDateNumbers.isl" and "VueMinder.isl"). The tab labels (Navigation Pane, Upcoming Events, Tasks) on the right-hand side of the Desktop Calendar are unreadable, because the text is white on a very pale grey (#e3eef3) background. You advised that this had been fixed in Version 8.2, but as far as I can see, the problem remains.
  • When the Popup Reminder window displays, sometimes the selected entry is not highlighted. This only seems to happen with recurring event reminders, but does not affect all recurring event reminders. The selected entry indicator (">") is not displayed at the beginning of the row. So it is impossible to tell which entry is selected. This problem exists whether the entry is manually selected or automatically selected (e.g. when the window is first displayed). Note: a dotted outline is only shown on the selected entry when it has been manually selected.
  • In the Popup Reminder window, when an entry in the middle of the list is dismissed or snoozed, the selected entry always changes to the first entry in the list. I think it would feel more intuitive, if the selected entry changed to the entry immediately after the entry that has been dismissed or snoozed.
Regards, Dave

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Desktop Calendar and Popup Reminders

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:12 am

Hi Dave, thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, the themes you mentioned are primarily meant for the main window, so changing the colors to be white on black wouldn't look good when viewed in the main window. There were some changes to make those themes look better when used by the desktop calendar, but the changes had to be balanced with the appearance of the main window. If you prefer those themes for the desktop calendar, I'd suggest adjusting the opacity level to make the text more readable.

As for the reminder window issues, I'll work on correcting these for the next version and will post a response when an update is available.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

dave-user

Desktop Calendar

Post by dave-user » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:38 am

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your response regarding the tab labels (Navigation Pane, Upcoming Events, Tasks) on the right-hand side of the Desktop Calendar being unreadable with the"LargeDateNumbers.isl" and "VueMinder.isl" themes:
..... Unfortunately, the themes you mentioned are primarily meant for the main window, so changing the colors to be white on black wouldn't look good when viewed in the main window. There were some changes to make those themes look better when used by the desktop calendar, but the changes had to be balanced with the appearance of the main window. If you prefer those themes for the desktop calendar, I'd suggest adjusting the opacity level to make the text more readable.
However, I really don't understand your response, since I can't see any tabs in the main window that have the same color scheme as the tabs (Navigation Pane, Upcoming Events, Tasks) on the right-hand side of the Desktop Calendar. Also, as far as I can see, adjusting the opacity level does not make the text any more readable.

Just to make sure we are looking at the same display problem, I have attached a screenshot of the Desktop Calendar with the "VueMinder.isl" theme applied. As you will see, the tabs on the right-hand side are unreadable.

Regards, Dave
Attachments
2011-06-11_152908.png
2011-06-11_152908.png (24.31 KiB) Viewed 8870 times

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Desktop Calendar

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:49 am

Dave, thanks for clarifying. This has been fixed for the next version. A beta is available if you'd like an early look:
http://www.vueminder.com/download/VueMi ... _BETA1.exe
Dan Chartrand, Founder

dave-user

Post by dave-user » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:16 am

Hi Dan,

I can confirm that the beta version (8.2.2 Beta 1) fixes this problem for the "VueMinder.isl" theme.

Of course, the same fix needs applying to the "LargeDateNumbers.isl" theme.

Thanks very much.

Regards, Dave

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:10 pm

Hi Dave, the LargeDateNumbers theme has been fixed for the next version. Please let me know if you find any other problems.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:36 pm

In the Popup Reminder window, when an entry in the middle of the list is dismissed or snoozed, the selected entry always changes to the first entry in the list. I think it would feel more intuitive, if the selected entry changed to the entry immediately after the entry that has been dismissed or snoozed.
The next version (9.0) has been corrected to activate the next reminder in the list, rather than the first reminder. Version 9.0 is currently being beta tested and will be released soon. If you'd like to have any early look, the beta can be downloaded here:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... ?f=5&t=707
Dan Chartrand, Founder