VueMinder Pro 8.2.1 Freezes/Very Slow

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Langsey

VueMinder Pro 8.2.1 Freezes/Very Slow

Post by Langsey » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:18 am

I am having a problem with VueMinder Pro. It is freezing or runs very slow. I have the calendar running ob both my laptop and desktop. Both have the identical problem. Laptop OS is Windows 7 Pro 64bit and desktop is Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. The problem is that when I click on any oy of the dates, tool bar etc. it will take at least 30 seconds to use each function or becomes unresponsive. To close the program I will have to either wait to close or close through the task manager. This is very annoying. I really like the program and hope we can get this problem resolved. Plus my other programs are running up to speed. Thanks in advance.
John

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: VueMinder Pro 8.2.1 Freezes/Very Slow

Post by VueSoft » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:08 pm

Hi John, welcome to the forums. My guess is there's an installation problem. If anything, 8.2.1 should be faster than previous versions. Creating new events or opening existing events should take under a second.

To fix the problem, fully exit VueMinder by right-clicking its icon in the task tray and selecting "Exit". Next, uninstall via the Control Panel. Note, uninstalling won't remove any data or backups. After uninstalling, download and install 8.2.1 again using the link below:
http://www.vueminder.com/index.php?page=download-pro

If that still doesn't fix it, then .NET 3.5 might be corrupted. The following link explains how to fix a corrupted .NET installation on Windows Vista/7 computers.
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archiv ... vista.aspx
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Langsey

Post by Langsey » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:36 pm

Dan,
I uninstalled and reinstalled vueminder and that didn't solve the problem. I also followed the instructions on .net repair and that didn't show any problem. The vueminder had been working properly before. It is strange that is happening on both computers.
John

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:32 pm

Hi John, I agree it's strange the problem is happening on both computers. I'm not seeing this behavior on any of my test computers and it was not seen during the public beta testing. Is there anything about your computers that recently changed, like new/updated security software, or other changes to the configuration?

I wonder if resetting the data and restoring from a backup will fix the problem. If you'd like to try it, first backup your current data using the "Backup Data" command on the File menu. Next, exit VueMinder by right-clicking its icon in the task tray. Download and run the utility linked below to reset your data and settings. This won't remove the backups.
http://www.vueminder.com/download/ResetData.zip

After resetting the data, restart VueMinder using the shortcut on the desktop or Start menu. Is it still slow? If so, there's something else going on and the problem isn't related to your data/settings. You can restore the previous data using the Restore Data command on the File menu. If restoring the data causes the slowdown to return, could you send a copy of the backup to support(at)vueminder.com, so I can run some tests to determine why the data is making the program run slowly? All data will be kept strictly confidential.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA