Google Sync Makes Calendar Unresponsive

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
maestro-g
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:52 am

Google Sync Makes Calendar Unresponsive

Post by maestro-g » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:58 am

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling as well as running the .NET repair process. I have tried disabling my antivirus as well and that had no effect.

If I diable my Internet connection I receive google sync errors but the program remains responsive. As soon as I re-enable my connection and begin to sync the program stops responding and I have to use the task manager to kill the process. Help! I LOVE this program and want it back!

User avatar
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand
Posts: 3863
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:39 am
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Contact:

Re: Google Sync Makes Calendar Unresponsive

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:04 pm

Hi maestro-g, welcome to the forums. Google has recently updated their calendar software, and these updates appear to have broken one of the techniques VueMinder was using for syncing. This results in VueMinder constantly thinking that Google Calendar has been updated and needs to be synced again, every 8 seconds. If you have many events defined or sync with many Google Calendars, this can snowball into the program becoming non-responsive.

A correction is in work for the next version. In the meantime, to fix the problem, start VueMinder with your internet connection disabled. Open the Calendar Properties of each calendar that syncs with Google Calendar and change the sync frequency to "Manual".

I apologize for the inconvenience and will post a reply as soon as an updated version is available.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

maestro-g
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:52 am

Re: Google Sync Makes Calendar Unresponsive

Post by maestro-g » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:28 pm

Thanks for the response. In one last-ditch effort yesterday I removed each Google calendar and then added them again. For the moment this seems to have fixed my problem.

Post Reply