share limitation in trial version

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
jim.vandewalle

share limitation in trial version

Post by jim.vandewalle » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:53 pm

Is there a limit to the number of calendars that can be shared in the trial version? I have set up two, but when I share the third the sharing moves to that calendar.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: share limitation in trial version

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:02 pm

Hi Jim, welcome to the forums. There is no limit to the number of calendars that can be shared. The trial version is fully functional and not handicapped in any way.

With that said, I'm not sure why you're seeing a problem sharing a third calendar. I'm also not sure what you mean by "the sharing moves to that calendar". To double-check, I just created 3 new calendars and enabled sharing on each one of the calendars via the "Sharing" tab in the Calendar Properties window. All 3 calendars shared without any problems.
:?

Could you clarify the problem you're seeing?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

jim.vandewalle

Re: share limitation in trial version

Post by jim.vandewalle » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:55 am

I figured it out. What was happening was this: First, I shared a calendar, added users, clicked ok and verified that I saw the "hand" that indicated the calendar was shared. I then moved on the the second calendar and did the same. When I shared the third calendar the "hand" shifted down from the second calendar I added to the third calendar. When I tried the fourth the "hand" moved down from the third to the fourth. What I realized after I posted to the forum was that I had set Sync Frequency to "every 5 minutes" instead of automatic. After distractions and returning to VueMinder a while later I saw a "hand" indicating sharing was active on all the calendars!
Thank you for your quick response. I am setting up the Program with several users this week and intend to buy after I am able to demonstrate that it is a very effective solution for what we have been looking for.
Again, thanks.