Sync problem with Google

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
twinsen2

Re: Sync problem with Google

Post by twinsen2 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:55 pm

Hi Dan,

i just installed version 8.4.0 and i am sorry to say, that there is still one bug, that is not fixed.
This is not acceptable for me, with this problem i wont buy your calendar. Sorry.

Bug:
Events, that i add in VueMinder to a Google calendar are synced with Google, BUT they never have the reminder, that i selected in VueMinder. An event without reminder is useless for me. Why is the reminder info not synced with Google?
I usually select "0 minutes before" as reminder. Is that maybe the problem and a hint for you?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:00 pm

Hi twinsen2, thank you for the information. I found the problem is caused by a undocumented change that Google has made to the API. The previous method of setting reminders no longer works, even though the API documentation says it should. I've updated VueMinder to set the reminder using a different method, and it seems to be working in my tests.

Please try the version linked below and let me know if it still doesn't work. This version is basically the same as the official 8.4.0, with this one correction for reminders syncing to Google Calendar. Additional improvements are still planned.
VueMinder_Pro_Setup_8.4.1_BETA1.exe
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

twinsen2

Post by twinsen2 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:59 am

Hi Dan,

great, just tested it with 8.4.1_Beta1. It works !!!

Perfect work :-)

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:07 am

The official release of version 8.4.1 is available for download. Please let me know if you find any other problems.

I'm hoping now that the bugs have been fixed, I can start adding some bigger improvements, like Google Task syncing.
:ugeek:
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA