Repeat event created from past not syncing with Google Cal

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
MarkW

Repeat event created from past not syncing with Google Cal

Post by MarkW » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:46 pm

VM 8.3.1
I took an event that occurred in the past and turned it into a repeating event.
The event needed to repeat and I did not correctly set it as such originally.

The events properly populate the VM calendar.

But when you open that same future event "series" there is a yellow header at the top that says "This event appears in the past". (This may not be important but may be relevant as to why it is broken below)

While I agree that the beginning of the series appears in the past, the specific date that I opened does not. (Yes I know I opened the entire series)

Anyway... My problem is that those future events do not sync to Google Calendar (even though VM does show them)

I copied it as a new event and started a new repeat and it does populate both in VM and Google.
Obviously no yellow tab either (since the entire series is in the future)

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Repeat event created from past not syncing with Google C

Post by VueSoft » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:45 pm

Hi MarkW, thank you for the information. I believe this has been fixed in the next version (8.4), since I was unable to duplicate the problem when following the same steps you've described and testing with a beta version of 8.4. There are a number of Google Calendar syncing corrections in 8.4, so maybe one of those corrections fixed the behavior you're seeing.

As for the warning about the event occurring in the past, it doesn't matter if the recurring series started in the past, so this shouldn't be a warning. It only makes sense to see this warning when editing a specific occurrence or a non-recurring event. I'll fix this in 8.4.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

MarkW

Post by MarkW » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:41 pm

I just upgraded to 8.4 beta and they still refuse to sync. I even tried opening the older reoccurring event and making a minor change and re-saving the event. It still refuses to sync (yet new events do).

I can survive by creating new reoccurring events for this year but it would have been nice to get the old ones to update. (I have a lot of them)

It seems now that when I go to the oldest date and remove the check-mark (for reoccurring event) Google re-sync's and replaces it with a completely new event!!! (grrrrrr). So I have to completely delete the event to fix this problem!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:46 pm

Hi Mark, one other thing to try would be to open the Calendar Properties, click the Google Calendar tab, and adjust the "Don't sync events created more than X days ago" value. Set X to something large, like 365. Maybe that will help.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

MarkW

Post by MarkW » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:37 pm

VERY good idea...
But I already had the days set to 720 :-(
So I tried 365 anyway, then something small like 10.
Then put it back to 720.

None of those changes had an immediate affect but I noticed an hour later that some of them had populated.
But still missing the majority of my updates. (And no none of the original start dates are older than 365)

Don't have time to look for a solution I am going to just create new events that are repeating.