VueMinder has stopped working

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Digirati

VueMinder has stopped working

Post by Digirati » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:34 pm

After reading through the forum, I have tried to do a "Repair" install, I have uninstalled and reinstalled and keep getting the "VueMinder has stopped working" error, with no other indications that anything is wrong. Using Win7 Pro x64 w/SP1. The error is not due to SP1, as installing SP1 had little to no effect on anything on the system. The error has been giving me trouble for about two weeks now, and SP1 has been installed since it was released. No blame game here. Since I've already paid for it, I'd like it to work. Any ideas? And no, we're not rolling back Windows. I have just now installed the 8.4.0 beta2 just to see if this helps the problem.

Maybe we'll have to rip VueMinder out by its guts using Revo Uninstaller and start over from scratch.
Passwords are like underwear.
You should always use good ones.
You should change them often.
Do not leave them out where others can see them.
Never loan them out to anyone for ANY reason!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: VueMinder has stopped working

Post by VueSoft » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:51 am

Hi Digirati, I'm not sure what is causing the problem. Have you ever been able to get the software to start? If so, has anything recently changed on your system that you can think of? Also, an obvious question but I'll ask it anyway, have you tried rebooting?

If a reboot doesn't solve it, then it could be a registry problem that Revo might solve. It could also be a problem with the data file. You can reset the data by downloading the utility linked below.
ResetData.zip

Please let me know if you're still unable to get it to load.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Digirati

Post by Digirati » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:34 am

No, it starts just fine, whether manually or at reboot. It just picks random times to stop working, meaning that it could be 10 minutes or it could keep working most of the day. I'll try the data reset utility. Installing the beta version didn't seem to work.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:32 am

Thanks for the information. It sounds like maybe one of your system files has been corrupted. Have you tried scanning your drive for errors (chkdsk)? Maybe that will repair it.

You could also try repairing the Windows installation or restore Windows to a system checkpoint that was generated before the problem started.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if that doesn't fix it either.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Digirati

Post by Digirati » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:46 pm

Ok. Here's more info regarding Windows. SP1 was installed long before this problem started, and it started a while before the latest round of MS updates, so it isn't related to the updates and installations. I didn't run chkdsk, as it doesn't check files, only drive sectors. I ran sfc /scannow to check and replace any corrupt/missing/out-of-date protected system files. Still no luck. I did run the data reset executable, and then updated from 8.4.0 beta 2 to the latest 8.4.0 upgrade, then restored data and info from backup.

It hasn't quit on me yet, but it's only been about 4 or 5 hours since I rebooted with the new installation in place. It may yet decide to stop again, since it just seems to pick random times to quit. There may be a background service or app that runs at odd times that may be a trigger as well, and I haven't ruled that out yet. If and when it quits again, I'll go through everything and try to find out if one of the apps or services may be interfering with it.