Google repeat events erratic appearance

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
foundationdesigns

Google repeat events erratic appearance

Post by foundationdesigns » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:55 am

Hello-
This application looks great but I'm having an issue with repeat events appearing irregularly.

For example, I have and event that starts on Oct. 12 and repeats to the 16th- appears this way in google calendar and in another application I use on my Ipad. In VueMinder, it is starting the event on the 13th, skipping the 14th and recurring the 15th and 16th. The 12th and and 14th are omitted from the series despite VueMinder indicating that those dates should be included in the recurrence tab in the event page.

I have tried a number of things to correct the error (pinged the Internet time server etc- BTW time-a wasn't working from my location in Canada) and the problem persists. Deleted and relinked the calendar altogether etc.

I have had a few event duplications occur as well- I'm starting to worry that the fidelity of my calendar may be compromised if I do too much more.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Google repeat events erratic appearance

Post by VueSoft » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:58 pm

Hi foundationdesigns, welcome to the forums. I've attempted to duplicate the problem, using the same recurrence pattern you described, but all events are appearing as expected in VueMinder. Without being able to duplicate the problem, I can't debug it.

Could you share your Google Calendar with support@vueminder.com? Maybe I'll be able to duplicate the problem when using your calendar.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

cbermender

Post by cbermender » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:13 pm

Rather than creating another forum entry, I too am experiencing a similar problem with Google repeating events and syncing. Using Trial 8.4.1, syncing is a requirement w/o recreating the calendars from scratch.

Variety of issues trying to sync an existing google calendar. Tried several tests, using separate google calendars loaded from a common ics file; not always the same sync results, even though the same ics file was the baseline.

Some of the issues that I noticed in different tests...

- the entries for a single repeating calendar event are missing from vue after the sync, but it is not always the same repeating series that is missing when I delete/create the google calendar and then create/sync it to vue
- a repeating event from a later time in the day is moved into an earlier time slot essentially wiping out the earlier repeating event that should have been sync'd in that time slot
- when one entry in a series of repeating events has been deleted, vue does not recognize that the one entry in the repeating series has been deleted and creates it even though it does not exist in the google calendar

The google calendar I am using works fine with Thunderbird/Lightning. I would prefer to use vueminder, it has a much better presentation, but can't make the move with these problems.

I have the "ics" file that I used for my testing that I could send to verify my experiences if that would help. I cannot give you access to the google calendar itself.

Thank you

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:54 pm

Hi cbermender, thanks for the information. Could you send the ICS file to support@vueminder.com? Hopefully I'll be able to see the same behavior you're seeing, so I can get to the bottom of what's causing it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

foundationdesigns

Post by foundationdesigns » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:46 am

My apologies for not posting back on this thread sooner- I believe I may have isolated where the issue is for me. I use an Ipad synced with Google calendar and VueMinder is then synced to that Google calendar. Google is essentially my bridge. Earlier today I created an all day event on the Ipad and synced it to Google Calendar. To this point everything is working just fine- I have an all day event on the Gcalendar and on the Ipad. I then manually synced VueMinder to the Google calendar (2-3 times in fact) but the all day event failed to appear on ViewMinder.

Unfortunately I can't share the goggle calendar itself as it contains contact information for clients but it is my hope that this info will assist in isolating the problem point.

Many Thanks.