Multiple Category Colors

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
newmy51

Multiple Category Colors

Post by newmy51 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:43 pm

I've noticed that despite being able to list an event in two or more categories, only the color scheme associated with the first category in alphabetical order is shown in the main calendar window. Is there any way for the event to show a blend of the colors from each category, half & half, etc.?

Many thanks in advance,

-Danny

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Multiple Category Colors

Post by VueSoft » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:45 pm

Hi Danny, welcome to the forums.

You are correct, only the color of the first category will appear. There are some technical (and aesthetic) reasons why additional category colors aren’t shown in the same event. For example, the display could get confusing and cluttered if many events are associated with 3+ categories each.

I’m planning on improving the display to allow a secondary color to be shown as a narrow bar along the edge of an event. There would be an option to control which color (calendar, category, priority, or location) is used for this secondary bar, depending on which primary color display mode is active. I could expand on this idea to allow the bar to show a secondary category color. I’ll let you know when this improvement is available.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA