Not Updating - Assign from None-Shared to Shared Calendar

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Andre C

Not Updating - Assign from None-Shared to Shared Calendar

Post by Andre C » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:31 am

Not Updating - Assign from None-Shared to Shared Calendar.

When I use the "Assign to Calendar" feature to move an event from a none-shared calendar (a google-synced calendar in my case) to a shared calendar the event is shown as reassigned to on the source computer but it does not appear on any of the other computers. Using a Copy-and-Paste routine to move the event (and then just delete the event in the source calendar), it seems to work OK and then it does shows up on the other computers.

Andre C

Re: Not Updating - Assign from None-Shared to Shared Calenda

Post by Andre C » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:21 am

Update:

When dismissing an event that was affected by the above, it suddenly shows the colours of another calendar. I selectively filtered the calendars and this indicated that the event was actually part of another, none-shared calendar instead. The problem may be that the event does not properly get assigned to the target calendar, in spite of taking-on the colours of the intended target calendar and showing the name of the intended target calendar as well in the affected event.

I opened the event and save it again and suddenly it was part of the correct calendar and synced properly to the other computers.

Andre C

Re: Not Updating - Assign from None-Shared to Shared Calenda

Post by Andre C » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:47 am

Update 2:

I tested it again and it is definitely not working as expected. Created events in a shared calendar sync fine, events the are assigned from another calendar to that shared calendar simply do not sync without some opening and re-saving. And even then it seems unpredictable.