Publishing makes wrong time?!

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Perti

Publishing makes wrong time?!

Post by Perti » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:57 am

Hello,

When I publish my calendar to the ical-mac, it shows me wrong starting times (3 hours too early), how can I fix this problem?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Publishing makes wrong time?!

Post by VueSoft » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:56 pm

Hi Perti, welcome to the forums. This is a known bug in 8.4.1, where the option to convert time zones to UTC is not being used. A correction has been made for the next version. I apologize for the inconvenience and will let you know when the next version is available.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Tiernan

Post by Tiernan » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:06 pm

Any update as to when this bug will be fixed? I am a new user and I am experiencing the same thing except my is 5 hours different. No consistency. Some computers make it 5 hours earlier, other 5 hours later.

Seems that two months should be long enough?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:28 pm

Hi Tiernan, welcome to the forums. A correction has been made and will be in the next version (9.0), which will also include many other improvements, such as Google Task syncing, nested tasks, sharing contacts/tasks/notes over a local network, custom input fields for contacts, and much more.

I apologize for the delay in finishing the next version. Please understand I am working on completing it as quickly as possible. I expect a beta will be ready within the next week or two, and I hope to have the release finished by the end of the year.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

Tiernan

Post by Tiernan » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:52 pm

We are a tax preparation company. Recent server hardware failures prompted an update of server and OS. This may be an issue that will prompt me to get a refund of all 7 licenses I purchased, as our scheduling and tax season need are already starting. Currently we have an older scheduling program running on only 3 of 10 workstations. I have to find something that works VERY SOON!

Time for me to wait for the next version "...by the end of the year..." is not an option.

Please let me know if there are any other options. See my post in the SQL server not installing thread.

Jack
I.T. Technician
Tiernan & Associates LLC

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:03 pm

Hi Jack, thank you for the clarification. If you're publishing to your local network, please open the Calendar Properties window of the published calendar on each computer and ensure the box labeled "Convert event times to Universal Time (UTC)" is checked. My guess is that some computers have it checked and others do not, which is resulting in the inconsistencies.

Please let me know if that doesn't fix it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:38 pm

I apologize for the delay. This bug has been fixed for the next version (9.0). A beta is available for download, if needed:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... ?f=5&t=707
Dan Chartrand, Founder