Recurring events last forever

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
ericrep

Recurring events last forever

Post by ericrep » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:22 am

Dan -

Thanks for all your hard work on fixing the syncing problems! I haven't noticed any more problems with syncing individual events since the last release. (I'm using 8.4.1 on Windows 7.)

However, I recently decided to risk creating a few recurring events again and I just had a couple problems.

1) I created a 1 hour event every Thursday morning from mid-September 2011 to the end of March 2012. Over the course of a week or so, I deleted the event from a few individual days. Then yesterday I noticed that there were two copies of the recurring event going at least through the end of this year.

2) This morning I decided to figure out which copy of the event to keep. As I was looking at the event details, I discovered that several of my recurring events now have an ending date of 12/31/9998.

I'm hoping you can fix these issues in the near future. Let me know if you need any additional information to help track them down.

Thanks!
Eric

Andre C

Re: Recurring events last forever

Post by Andre C » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:35 am

Hi

Yes, VueMinder has definitely some problems with syncing repeating/recurring events. Especially if the calendar contains a lot of recurring events. Please read my post at:

http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... =641#p2629

The problem did not go away since then and re-occurred a few times again since I made the last addition to that post.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Recurring events last forever

Post by VueSoft » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:42 pm

I think the problems have been fixed in version 9.0. If you'd like to try it, there's a pre-release beta version, available here:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... ?f=5&t=707

Please let me know if you try the beta but still see problems.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA