Simple Contacts List

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!
mrbeanpa

Simple Contacts List

Post by mrbeanpa » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:59 am

Having searched for ages to find a good, well priced, non web based, shareable Calendar I found VueMinder nearly a year ago, and I'm extremely happy with it, especially the various sharing capabilities.

I'm wondering if it might be possible to extend the program to make the contacts shareable. It seems there is little on the market for Home/Home Office workers that need to share the same contacts without spending a small fortune.

As vueminder already has a good contacts list and excellent calendar sharing functionality it seems to me a reasonable extension - unless it already exists and I just cant see it!

PhilB

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Simple Contacts List

Post by VueSoft » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:11 am

Hi Phil, thank you for the suggestion. Contact sharing is on my list of planned improvements. I'll let you know when it's available. It's pretty high on the priority list and might be in the next version.

In the meantime, you can manually transfer contact data by using the "Export Contacts" and "Import Contacts" commands on the File menu. Export from one computer and import on another. Existing contacts will be updated, not duplicated.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

mrbeanpa

Post by mrbeanpa » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:27 am

Thanks Dan,

That's the approach I'm presently using - look forward to a more automated system.

Phil B

IanS

Post by IanS » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:53 pm

Looking forward to this facility being added as well, so that one contact list is available across all of the installed instances of Vueminder.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:09 pm

Just to give you an update on progress, contact sharing has been completed for version 9.0. There's a new option (under the Sharing Options) to enable or disable this feature. It will default to being enabled. There's also a setting on individual contacts to keep them private to the local computer.

I'm currently working on task and note sharing over the local network. It's nearly finished. There are a couple other improvements I'm planning to make, and some additional testing will be needed before the beta becomes available. I expect a beta will be released within 2 weeks from today.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:19 pm

Contact sharing has been completed for the next version (9.0). This feature can be enabled via a check box on the Sharing Options window. Note, this improvement will be exclusive to a new "Ultimate" version.

More information about the Ultimate version, as well as a link to the beta, can be found here:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... ?f=5&t=707
Dan Chartrand, Founder